Dakota Durango Forum banner
41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Banned
25,820 Posts
Some fools do this shit alot! Most of these young dumbasses!

·
Registered
411 Posts
A single 3in system with a magnaflow cat and 40 series flowmaster.
sounds great. what did you do after the flowmaster dump it or do you have tails? I have the same thing I used jba headers and made my own y-pipe 2,
2 1/2 pipes into a 3 inch and then mag cat and 40 flow and 2 2 1/2 tails.
I've been wantig to take the tails of tho. if that what it sounds like then I'm talking mine off.:banana2:

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
sounds great. what did you do after the flowmaster dump it or do you have tails? I have the same thing I used jba headers and made my own y-pipe 2,
2 1/2 pipes into a 3 inch and then mag cat and 40 flow and 2 2 1/2 tails.
I've been wantig to take the tails of tho. if that what it sounds like then I'm talking mine off.:banana2:
Yea it's a single outlet 3in with a turn down about a foot behind the muffler

·
elpoepdiputskcuf
2,493 Posts
ive got factory manifolds, factory y-pipe, three in from y back, no cat. and split into two 2.25 w/ 3in tips. ive been wanting to ditch the flowmaster and tailpipes and go with a full 3in. magnaflow system. only thing stopping me is the fact i paid $300 to have it done. after i install my headers and enlarge the y-pipe, ill decide whether or not i like the sound. does your truck "pop" when you rev it and rpms drop? mine does and i hate it.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
ive got factory manifolds, factory y-pipe, three in from y back, no cat. and split into two 2.25 w/ 3in tips. ive been wanting to ditch the flowmaster and tailpipes and go with a full 3in. magnaflow system. only thing stopping me is the fact i paid $300 to have it done. after i install my headers and enlarge the y-pipe, ill decide whether or not i like the sound. does your truck "pop" when you rev it and rpms drop? mine does and i hate it.
Yea, it does sometimes if it is not under a load, but it is not a way loud bang. More of a gargle than anything.

·
Low 'N Slow
635 Posts
Nice GenII, definetly inspiration for me to get wheels. What tires do you run? and what is your drop?

Makes me wish i didnt have a 2.5.... or an open diff... DAMN IT :jester:

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
i realize the rubbing issue w/ rts on a gen II is the rim itself but with those wide tires, do they rub as well? ive got same size on rear but like 245s up front. just wondering.
At full lock the inner lip of the rim will rub on the control arm slightly but the tires have never rubbed. I tried the 245/45's but they were too skinny for the wheels and looked like crap.

·
Low 'N Slow
635 Posts
wow 3.5 in the front? mine is supposedly a two in the front and i bottom out in the inner fender. Im like 28" from fender to ground in the front but mine doesn't look that much higher with same size tires... idk.

·
Low 'N Slow
635 Posts
You know I put the stock springs back in when I put on the spindles so the front is only 2in.:sorry:
ahaha, i was wondering why our trucks looked the same height..

41 - 56 of 56 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.