Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 13 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
An engines byproduct is heat, higher revs equal more heat. Heat is a very bad thing to components.
Thank you Dr. Quinn. :blahblah: Been driven like that for 303,000 miles including a trip 3000 mile trip to ohio last year getting 18 miles per gallon with the a/c running. But I agree if you don't know how to fix it you should drive like you do.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
sounds great. what did you do after the flowmaster dump it or do you have tails? I have the same thing I used jba headers and made my own y-pipe 2,
2 1/2 pipes into a 3 inch and then mag cat and 40 flow and 2 2 1/2 tails.
I've been wantig to take the tails of tho. if that what it sounds like then I'm talking mine off.:banana2:
Yea it's a single outlet 3in with a turn down about a foot behind the muffler

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
ive got factory manifolds, factory y-pipe, three in from y back, no cat. and split into two 2.25 w/ 3in tips. ive been wanting to ditch the flowmaster and tailpipes and go with a full 3in. magnaflow system. only thing stopping me is the fact i paid $300 to have it done. after i install my headers and enlarge the y-pipe, ill decide whether or not i like the sound. does your truck "pop" when you rev it and rpms drop? mine does and i hate it.
Yea, it does sometimes if it is not under a load, but it is not a way loud bang. More of a gargle than anything.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Nice GenII, definetly inspiration for me to get wheels. What tires do you run? and what is your drop?

Makes me wish i didnt have a 2.5.... or an open diff... DAMN IT :jester:
The drop is 3.5 in front w/ belltech spindles and springs and 4 in the rear w/ shackles and hangers.

The tires are 275/40.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
i realize the rubbing issue w/ rts on a gen II is the rim itself but with those wide tires, do they rub as well? ive got same size on rear but like 245s up front. just wondering.
At full lock the inner lip of the rim will rub on the control arm slightly but the tires have never rubbed. I tried the 245/45's but they were too skinny for the wheels and looked like crap.

1 - 13 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.