Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
The Anti-RUB
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an '03 4.7L Durango SLT. When I shut my truck off, with the top and bottom set of headlights on, and then turn the dial to turn the lights off... Only the bottom set of lights turn off. I have to turn the dial all the way to the right and then all the way to the left again to shut off the main headlights... This seems kind of strange to me. If I turn the dial before I shut the truck down, all the lighst shut off as I would expect in one turn... Does anyone else's D do this? Thanks for any info...

--Rob

·
Registered
17 Posts
petrock,
Since you posted this ?? in Oct. I will assume that by now you know the answer to your question! Sorry, I haven't been to these boards in quite some time. But, just in case, your headlights will in fact remain on for aprox. 1 minute after you shut them off, if you shut the truck off first. It's a sort of driver/passenger safety feature so you can see where you're walking after you exit your truck. If you shut the truck off, then shut the lights off, then recycle the light switch again, they will go off immediately.
HTH
Tom

1 - 2 of 2 Posts