Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i'm buying the fluids today, i just need to make sure i have enough and not to much,cause it's wicked expensive, but i guess it's ok to have a little extra. there's a bit of math involved here. I'm pretty sure i know how much i need to get but i want to make sure. Ok for the tranny (44re) I need 4 quarts for the filter change, and for the transfer case i need 3 pints, and the pints to quarts conversion is 1 pint = half a quart, soo that's 1 and half quarts for the transfercase soo i will just buy 2 quarts, soo i need to buy 6 quarts of royal purple max atf, Now onto the front and rear axle. The front axle holds 3 pints soo again thats 1 and half quarts of royal purple max gear oil which will be 75w-90 correct ? soo i will get 2 quarts of gear oil and for the rear axle it takes 4.8 pints soo i will need to get 3 quarts soo all together i need 5 quarts of 75w-90 gear oil

soo what i need to buy is 6 quarts of atf
5 quarts of gear oil 7w-90

Also what should i get for a gasket for the front axle ? The same as the rear axle?

Does the amount of fluids i need to get sound right for the front and rear axle, the tranny(filter&fluid change) and the transfer case ?

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Make sure you have a car you can run and get extra with if you need it. I used 7 quarts to refill my trans after replacing the filter but I had the pan off for an hour or so extra because I added a drain plug to the pan...

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I got 6 quarts but i can go buy one more before i take it in. Also i couln't find the front or rear axle gaskets anywhere, then i went to the dealer and they told me that they use them anymore and to just to use rtv sealent for the front and rear axle pans.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.