Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/20HP...r_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item4cecdc17f3

will this work at all? improve any power or mpg? i know it def wont give even close to 20hp but for $6 if it does anything positive its worth it
idk if i trust putting a resistor in place of a sensor, i only do this kind of stuff on my camaro when i knowingly am doing something that will give me a check engine light, and i def dont want to produce a check engine light

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
NO!

·
#19 ƃop ǝnןq ǝןʇ&#
13,196 Posts
If you wanna try it go to radio shack and spend 10 cents, and not 6 dollars. But yeah they dont work.
Yea...that's what I did....got a resistor with the value they specified in the auction....

again, didn't notice anything different

·
Blown and Squirted
3,407 Posts
Move your IAT sensor to your cold air intake instead of you intake manifold. This will enrich your mixture and pull less timing when the motor is hot. Be forewarned its probably already running too rich.

·
Gen I FTW
6,010 Posts
Move your IAT sensor to your cold air intake instead of you intake manifold. This will enrich your mixture and pull less timing when the motor is hot. Be forewarned its probably already running too rich.
will this have any bad effects later down the road though ?

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
will this have any bad effects later down the road though ?[/QUOTE

More money spent on fuel, and a slower truck. I've moved mine around at the track....No diff in ET's.

·
Blown and Squirted
3,407 Posts
With the sensor in the stock loaction, you can get poor hotstart driveability when the sensor is heatsoaked. As far as performance is concerned, you have to have a lot of airflow mods to not be way too rich to begin with on a jtec pcm.

·
Gen I FTW
6,010 Posts
so one is better off to just leave it in the stock location ?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts