Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dad is going to give me his 93 dakota with the 5.2L V8. I was wondering if this computer control stuff will affect if I can build it for performance a little will out upgrading the computer. I was wondering this because there is no computer mods for a 93 so can I do upgrades and the engine will take affect or will the computer controls get in the way.

· I like trucks
510 Posts
You can still mod the hell outa that thing, and you could probably have it customed flashed. :biggthump

· Registered
2 Posts
i dont think there is.........they are saying you can modd the h3ll out of the 93 dak and then get the pcm CUSTOM flashed by a place lik B&G

:biggthump

* i was wondering if you can use midgrade on the mopar pcm?*

· Registered
2 Posts
These emissions exempt** high performance computers are designed specifically for 1992-00 Magnum vehicles. These computers are a direct replacement for the production computer and provide increases in both horsepower and torque without affecting driveability, and can be used in conjunction with the specified performance air cleaners, exhaust systems and camshafts that are available through Mopar Performance Parts.

*1. Requires the use of Premium Unleaded fuels (92 octane or better).
2. 1998 and later models require Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) and mileage encoding by a DaimlerChrysler franchised dealer.
3. All vehicles are automatic transmissions unless otherwise noted.
4. Not recommended for use when towing trailers

*EDIT* ONLY the 98-00 models need the VIN and mileage encoding, the PCM's for Prior to 1998 vehicles do not need the encoding. John, from southeastperformance.com, states this on his website. i am also trying to get a group buy goin for the PCM's. he said they'd be 306.50 + shipping, and that includes VIN and Mileage encoding.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.