Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 Dakota with the overhead computer. It gives average MPG but not instant MPG. Is there a way to do it by holding a button or did the 2003 model not come with that option with the computer.

·
.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.
10,424 Posts
I'm not sure what ones had it and which didn't. The computer I'm running came from a Durango as I recall. It has instant MPG.

Does your computer have the Homelink buttons? Mine does...old coworkers 04 Ram had the computer, no homelink, and it didn't do instant MPG.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah it has homelink.

Wonder if I can just change out computer? Average MPG does nothing for me while I'm driving. I'd like to see what I'm getting in certain situations.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, seems the Dakota didn't get the option that year. Went through manual and it didn't give any for instant MPG. Only average. Oh well. Seems silly to put two different computers in relatively the same vehicle. (Dakota/Durango)

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
my 02' did, but my 03' doesn't. I used to switch it to instant and floor it, then watch the computer read 1 mpg.

·
Stock Lookin'
3,040 Posts
the one i have out of a 03' durango doesn't have the instant. just gives me the average. it has homelink.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts