Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the Ms's had an unfortunate incident and her 2004 Hyundai Sante Fe was totaled last week. Well we went out car shopping this last weekend and ended up buying a 2010 Dodge Journey SXT. 30k miles. Dont know too much on them, did a few searches and worst thing i have found was break pad wear and a battery/starter issue.

Anyone have any known issues with these vehicles?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Dodge journey

my wife's got one and loves it .bought it new and now has 38k with no problems.except tire pressure issue,when the weather changes the tires lose air and the tire moniter light comes on when down about 4 lbs of air.the do have some brake problems,but chrysler will usually take care of them up to 36k for a 100 dollar deductible.hope you got the 3.5 because the 4 cyl. is a gutless wonder.we average 22 -23 around town an26 highway. good luck with ur new journey.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
My parents have a 09 R/T. Its been pretty good, it had a door wiring harness recall. Also, it has some problem with the headlights/windshield wipers that they have not solved yet. Don't get one with 19" rims...tires are limited, and it vibrates bad when snow/road crap gets in them (mind you, my truck with 20's is bad for that too)

If they put a hemi in the R/T model, that thing would be crazy!

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the input guys! so far the mrs's loves it!

·
Registered
194 Posts
My wife had one with the 19 inch tires. The tires were terrible in snow and the only replacement tires I could find were the same ones that came on it. This was two years ago, maybe selection is better now. We liked the vehicle but it just wasn't something we could drive in the snow. Ended up trading it in on a Jeep.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ours is the SXT model w 17in tires. Havent had in the snow yet but so far so good. Handles well. almost no road noise too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts