Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
8,203 Posts
Dodge has a Raptor-like Ram that may be available to dealerships in a limited amount of numbers soon. It, and the Ram, will probably never see anything like the 6.1 or 6.4 Hemi.

·
Crown on the Rocks
1,667 Posts
last thing I would want in an offroad truck would be a diesel

·
crazy
378 Posts
it may not be available yet but its for sure in the works. dodge wont go un-noticed in the truck world

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
I'd still have to take the Ford over the Dodge.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhnAwUjMUl0&feature=related
In this video it looks like it's about to tip over at the 16sec mark. I'm not really sure why they are trying to show off with that truck in the sand, the Ford would run circles around it all day out there. They are two totally different trucks, Fords made to go wide open over bumps and such, Dodge looks like it's made for mudding. Dodge has a nasty sounding exhaust note to it too, really raspy.

·
Sean Muthafuckin' Smith
1,987 Posts
plus with a diesel u get all that low end torque which IMO would be better for crawling over shit

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
The powerwagon and Raptor were designed for two completely different types of 4wheeling. Dodge has no real competitor with the raptor. The only thing the Raptor and power wagon share is they are both 4x4s. The power wagon would get its ass handed if it tried to run with the raptor in the dunes and the raptor probably wont do as well in rock crawling and heavy duty flexing axle stuff. A straight axle rig simply cannot run as hard in the desert as a IFS truck can.

·
Sean Muthafuckin' Smith
1,987 Posts
The powerwagon and Raptor were designed for two completely different types of 4wheeling. Dodge has no real competitor with the raptor. The only thing the Raptor and power wagon share is they are both 4x4s. The power wagon would get its ass handed if it tried to run with the raptor in the dunes and the raptor probably wont do as well in rock crawling and heavy duty flexing axle stuff. A straight axle rig simply cannot run as hard in the desert as a IFS truck can.
IAWTP. hit th nail on th head. if u want th best of both offroad worlds, just get both of these trucks lol

·
shotgun rifle and a 4wd
149 Posts
Cartone is thinkin exactly the same as me teo totally different rigs raptor would poop on the powerwagon in some sand dunes but viceversa down a muddy trail with big rocks plus the raptor would suck as a regular vehicle on road slow widder than an f150 lower towing and payload yet a power wagon on the road is quick and still perfectly able to work mopar or car

1 - 20 of 28 Posts