Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Black Hat
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 2003 4.7 v8 is Kaput... The engine is no longer able to be fixed.. so I have to junk it. While I was looking around for prices if anyone needed anything off of it. I may be willing to part ways with it for prices... Still looking at some options though. If you'd like pm me for info

·
9,489 Posts
Wha happen?

·
Black Hat
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally thought it was the fuel pump, but when I broke down at the intersection where she died and couldn't get it fired again. I knew it was more than that. I had it taken to my mechanic as I don't have the time to fix it right now, with 2 jobs and a baby on the way. He found a blown head gasket and went to repair that, found that it wasn't holding any compression whatsoever. Took the engine apart completely, and found the interior of the engine was completely beat up beyond repair...so I'm guessing I got a crappy engine to begin with, it being the 4.7 and all. So now I'm on the hunt for a new vehicle. Not sure if It will be a dodge or not but I've been so fed up with it lately I'm annoyed right now just thinking of it.

·
Black Hat
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not since I've owned it, I've done all the maintenance on time, every time, all the time. Nothing but the best for it.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
That may be but you don't know it's prior history unless you bought it new. Head gaskets usually fail from an overheat.

What exactly failed internally? Did you drop a valve? Again, that's usually an overheat.

Sludge? Lack of maintenance.

If the rest of the vehicle is in good condition then check a boneyard for another engine. It's not that difficult to swap it out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts