Dakota Durango Forum banner

Dodge Dakota not charging.2002 sport 4x4 3,9 quad cab

1K views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  Burned 
#1 ·
just happened again..i just drove 1200 miles towing my honda, the next day i went to drive my truck and went a couple miles and dash lights came on the charge gauge was down. i had autozone test my alt and they said it was not charging so i installed a new alt and it still did nothing so i put in a reman pcm it went 2 miles looked like it was charging then charging stopped and lights came on...checked all wires, checked plugs, checked connections. i have huge wires coming off the alt 00 and battery cables from fuse box are 00 i have a separate fuse instead of inline alt fuse that is good, checked all fuses in engine compartment and in cab. i just learned about a batter temp sensor took that out and ohmed it i might try and bybass that. i dont jerry rig things like a lot i see on here my batter cable connections are all great no corrosion i have put time and money into the truck and maintain it i need to figure out what is going on to stop the pcm from charging??? any ideas please thank you:)

#3 ·
good question I did just put a new alt in and drove it 2 miles and it was charging and then it stopped... not sure how to test the 2 wire plug on the alt? ohm it? i have the battery out getting a nice charge and will take it to auto supply store and have them run a load test it is a really nice northstar $360 battery only a couple years old should be ok, i also took the battery temp sensor out not sure what the reading in ohms should be on that? any idea

#13 ·
so here are a couple things in the bottom left leak detection pump; is getting an error and on the right transmission control relay can someone look at this i am not getting any power to the alternator on the two wire plug i wonder if it is the plug these go to?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.