Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1999 dodge Dakota 2.5 manual and already rebuilt a 5.2 automatic and swapped the motors. And before I start this I just want to say that I know it Doesn’t have a transmission relay. But anyway wiring harness is plugged in and ready to start. It cranks and everything distributer turns new spark plug wires, new coil, crank position sensor, etc. but there’s this one lone wire that is sitting next to the computer on the harness to the truck and I tried and replaced the same plug but still nothing. Fuse box ticks and fuel pump pumps gas but not really sure on the spark. If one of y’all suggest to get a new wiring harness that fits that plug next to the computer and it works you just saved the day. Anything will help so I’m begging y’all to give me advice I’m desperate. Anything is possible even if I can somehow bypass that plug I’d appreciate your help.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I have a 1999 dodge Dakota 2.5 manual and already rebuilt a 5.2 automatic and swapped the motors. And before I start this I just want to say that I know it Doesn’t have a transmission relay. But anyway wiring harness is plugged in and ready to start. It cranks and everything distributer turns new spark plug wires, new coil, crank position sensor, etc. but there’s this one lone wire that is sitting next to the computer on the harness to the truck and I tried and replaced the same plug but still nothing. Fuse box ticks and fuel pump pumps gas but not really sure on the spark. If one of y’all suggest to get a new wiring harness that fits that plug next to the computer and it works you just saved the day. Anything will help so I’m begging y’all to give me advice I’m desperate. Anything is possible even if I can somehow bypass that plug I’d appreciate your help.
Well... are your plug wires getting voltage? How about the center wire feeding the distributor?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a voltage reader I’ll check on that and get back to you. I’ll also see if the distributor is getting voltage. The distributor turns I’ve turned the motor and it works but I’m not gonna lie i haven’t checked if they’re getting voltage but I’ll back with you on that. Thanks

·
Registered
18 Posts
I hope you have a ecm for a v8 5.2 0r 5.9 doesn't matter but the original is never going to run it.

Sent from my SM-J260A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
69 Posts
You said the fuse box “ticks”? Is this a flapping ASD relay under the hood in the power distribution block?

This is cause by either:

1.) Bad relay (swap another one into its place and see if ticking stops)
2.) Low battery voltage (as in, vehicle won’t start unless jumped)
3.) Vehicle ONCE had low battery and now ECM needs to be reset (disconnect cables from battery for 1 min, touch ends together, then reconnect to battery)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts