Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
is it gonna be available in anything BUT a 4 door with a too short to be worth a damn, bed? Seems thats all you can fucking buy these days. I am so damn tired of seeing 4 doors on everything that also has 4 wheels (or 6 for that matter) it makes me want to PUKE! what were they thinking??? 5 foot 3 bed. Worthless as tits on a boar hog.
I have (1) 4 door vehice among my 5, thats all I need-- that is the wife's XJ Cherokee. I wish theyd bring back the CLUB cab!

·
Toxic Avenger
1,116 Posts
Having the engines source owned 50/50 by Fiat and GM should make it interesting. It could end up with the same engine in Dodge and GM trucks.

·
Loud Pedal Heavy
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
see I was wondering about that...I'm also curious to see what Ford does now. If they do this or just stick with the eco-boost...which is by far the best half ton pickup engine out right now

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Thats gay

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Chances are it'll be so congested with emissions compliance bullshit that it'll either have no power what so ever or it'll get horrible fuel economy for a small diesel. I personally would love to see something like a 4bt in a small pickup like the Dakota, no urea crap, no dpf, no egr, etc but needless to say it'll never happen.

·
Loud Pedal Heavy
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ya...i think Ford did it right with the eco-boost. Considering its the 2nd most powerful gasoline engine they make and get good mileage(for a pickup). but 400 lb/ft and 30 mpg sounds good to me. i only fear d bag wanna be farm boys buying these and not using them for what theyre made for like they do 3/4 tons...well at least here in nebraska anyways

·
Registered
80 Posts
see I was wondering about that...I'm also curious to see what Ford does now. If they do this or just stick with the eco-boost...which is by far the best half ton pickup engine out right now
Eco boosts are pretty slick. I bet they will stick with that. I am not holding my breath on this 1/2 ton diesel truck. While yes it would be cool and I'd like it to happen, I feel it won't happen

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Chances are it'll be so congested with emissions compliance bullshit that it'll either have no power what so ever or it'll get horrible fuel economy for a small diesel. I personally would love to see something like a 4bt in a small pickup like the Dakota, no urea crap, no dpf, no egr, etc but needless to say it'll never happen.
Exactly. It's not going to get near the projected mileage and it's going to be nutless at the same time. Plus who wants to drive a good looking truck that sounds like total shit. I'd be embarrassed to drive VW that sounded like a VW let alone a Ram that sounded like a VW. :huh:

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Seriously? Diesels do not sound like crap. It's just when idiots put 10" trash can tips on them. A nice 5" setup sounds the best on diesel trucks. Obviously on the vw that's impossible.
a 5" isn't a "blanket" "one size works for all" setup, either

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Seriously? Diesels do not sound like crap. It's just when idiots put 10" trash can tips on them. A nice 5" setup sounds the best on diesel trucks. Obviously on the vw that's impossible.
I like the sound of real diesels, like the 5.9. But a little ping pong diesel like that is just atrocious sounding.

·
Loud Pedal Heavy
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ya the 4bt would of been a better option i think, but since fiat group owns chrysler im guessing they have the say on what goes in.

·
Toxic Avenger
1,116 Posts
I think it is a lot of issues. The 4BT is 300 lbs heavier than the Fiat V6. It makes the same power at 420 lb/ft but less mpg and more emissions. The V6 will run smoother and quieter than the 4BT.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts