Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1998 Dodge Dakota R/T. It has mopar headers and high flow cat. My check engine light is on because i have no O2 sensors and i wasnt sure if they were taken out for a specific reason. What should I do? Do they have aftermarket ones or just stock? Should I keep my car without them or should I get them? :help:

·
Premium Member
1,771 Posts
Are you saying that you dont have any 02 sensors plugged in you exhaust system or that they arent even there? You should have 02 sensors no matter what. Otherwise the truck will run like crap b/c the PCM doesnt have a signal to make air/fuel adjustments.
:end:

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have O2 sensors i just dont have one in the catalytic converter. should i get one?

A

·
0 Posts
98KotaRT said:
I have O2 sensors i just dont have one in the catalytic converter. should i get one?

DO you have a lead for the o2 sensor that goes there, if you do, you need to get an 02 sensor put in there. Because the computer needs to read all the info off of all the sensors to make it run right and for your check engine light to go off. :cool:

D

·
0 Posts
The O2 sensors up stream of the cat are used to adjust the air fuel mixture. The down stream O2 is used to measure cat efficiency and is not needed to make the engine run right. They sell O2 eliminators that plug into the harness that for this sensor so the check engine light won't come on. I have also heard that just plugging in the O2 sensor to the harness and tieing it up against the frame rail will do the sma thing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts