Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Subscribed Member
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replaced my TYC Tails (black) with my Factory ones, only now they are painted. I spent forever taping and sanding, then used VHT niteshades (2 coats) for primer, 3 coats of paint, and 2 shots of clear. If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask!

·
Registered
3,607 Posts
:clap2: nice job!!!

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
good job. i have my tails done the same way. i wanna color match it but i can`t find spray paint in my color code. :rant:

·
Registered
826 Posts
Looks Great,NICE Job

Get that Propane out ot the garage,Seen a photo of what used to be a NICE garage from one that Blew-Up

RICK

·
Registered
7,583 Posts
yea man, that is suttle but makes a huge diffrence, very nice indeed.

·
Blown and Squirted
3,407 Posts
03Stampededak said:
If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask!
How much would you sell them for? J/K man, great job!

·
Blown and Squirted
3,407 Posts
Have a pic from behind with both tails in it?

·
Registered
75 Posts

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
thanks bro, that just soothed an on-going itch. ordering it here in a bit.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Glad I could help. :woot:

·
G.F.Y racing president
9,424 Posts
looks good man!.. not you can use that transparent nightshades stuff to do the rest of the tail light... give the actual lens a real light covering. think that would look great too.

jim

·
Subscribed Member
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I love that idea, but havent been able to work up the nerve to do it, the police around here love to write stupid tickets for stuff like that, especally in for those of us in the 18-24 range. :redx:

·
Subscribed Member
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
No problem,

VHT Niteshades, bought @ summit racing......... I used it as primer,because i had some left over from tinting my 3rd brake light, you could use something much less expensive that would do just as good.

PX8 Dodge Black, bought from automotivetouchup.com .....

Clear Coat, bought from automotivetouchup.com

A ton of masking tape, and sand paper.

I masked off what i didnt want painted, sanded everything till it would be smooth, but would hold paint. Primed with the nightshades.....2 coats, Black Paint.....3 coats, and Clear Coat....2coats.

Hope this helps

1 - 16 of 16 Posts