Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any experience with any? I have done some searching but it is about 50/50. The best for the price seems to be herculiner, but I haven't found too much about long term quality.

·
Registered
68 Posts
wont compare to line-X.

But if you must use a DYI product Herculiner is a decent product. You need to be diligent in the prep

The line-x in my Dakota bed still looks new 7 years later, the Herculiner in my van needs to be redone but has lasted 5 years of tough service

·
ಠ_ಠ ლ(ಠ益ಠ&#
1,562 Posts
Line-x if you dont have the money right now just wait till you do.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Ditto on line-x, wait and save if you can cause this is one of the best thing's for the truck you DO NOT want to cheap out on!

·
Dakota GOD!!!
4,156 Posts
I personally like/use hurculiner. I will just say to make sure and prep well. I have had it since i got my truck. Thats been like 4-5 yrs. It was actually my 1st mod lol. PM me if you have any ?'s.

·
Registered
139 Posts
i use i product made by "sem" you have to use a bed linner gun but I have customers from 5 years ago that we put it on their vehicles and it still has held up. I have used it on the bottom of restored cars and in the tubs of jeeps and this stuff is awsome!!!

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
I dont even know how much the line-x was for mine, Dad had it done as a Christmas present just over a year ago and wont even tell me how much it was.

·
The Burnt Side of OJ
1,470 Posts
The nice thing about Herculiner is you can go back and touch it up if you missed a spot or have a spot chip- Other coatings can't- There is also another new DIY kit out now called al's liner. Can even color match that system. I used the Herculiner on my bed and over the rails and the underside of my tonneau cover. Line-x and rhino liner whated 675-750 to do all that. I bought (2) 1gallon kits and with the rebate I only spent 120.00

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
'nother question. I am planning on doing inside the cab (removed the carpet). However, there is this bronze looking heat shield stuff. Do you think I will be okay to go over it? Or is there any safe way to remove it?

·
Registered Abuser
122 Posts
Diy

The nice thing about Herculiner is you can go back and touch it up if you missed a spot or have a spot chip- Other coatings can't- There is also another new DIY kit out now called al's liner. Can even color match that system. I used the Herculiner on my bed and over the rails and the underside of my tonneau cover. Line-x and rhino liner whated 675-750 to do all that. I bought (2) 1gallon kits and with the rebate I only spent 120.00
Don't forget any professional shop is going to apply the eqiuvalent of 4 gallons of material to get all that covered and be able to warranty it. Full size trucks take about 5 gallons. Multiply that times Herculiner's cost. Al's liner is an off shoot of Scorpion which is an off shoot of Speedliner, the product I use. This year I plan to experiment with Herculiner and SEM Protex on some trailers.

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts