Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up all ...

I was just wondering how you disconnect your daytime running lights on a '97 dodge daktoa.

Thanks

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
My 01 R/T doesnt have DRL's I dont think yours should either. Weird.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dont think it should have them either , but i would leave them alone, your more visible during the day.

·
Premium Member
12,185 Posts
DRL's are required in particular areas (ie: Canada if I remember correctly) and they are configured that way from the factory.

·
Registered
406 Posts
tricking the ECU

Well Sin you were right,

in Canada, leagally manufacturers must have DRL's on newer models of all vehicles. Now i've seen this done with other cars, is that you can trick your ecu into think the ebrake is one, which turns them off, i saw it done to a 2003 corolla..if you go to www.2003corolla.org there's a DIY sections, look for it there.

-X

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
disconnecting running lights

Hey guys,

my buddy found me the answer ..... and just in case you were wondering on dodge dakota's from 1997 to 1999 there is a fuse designated for just the DRL's it is number 17 (15a)

and i think it is perfectly legal to not have them ... however it is the law that manufactuers make all new cars with DRL's

thanks for the replys tho guys

SOLOO

·
Registered
406 Posts
DRL gone, but....

Well i just went out and tested the theory of of the fuse, and it worked, on the very left there are two larger sized fuses, the the second one out and it takes the DRL's off, but......it also diactivates the backup lights, which is defniitly illegal to not have, so the risk is up to you..

-X

·
Super Modder
4,368 Posts
my friend came to me asking how to do it to his chebby...i told him try taking out the fuse...it worked until he started the truck...lights turned on without the fuse...dumb ass chebbys

1 - 12 of 12 Posts