Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Premium Member
860 Posts
It really depends on what kind of aftermarket parts you are talking about. I mean, if you are talking performance parts... I know they changed the computer from 97 to 98, or something like that.

As far as part manufacturers, they don't know sh!t from shionola(sp?) when it comes to what years things are. Usually if it is some sort of cosmetic mod, like a front bumper cover, you will have no problem putting that on your 1997.

Give us more details on what type of parts you are speaking of, and then we will be able to better answer your question.

Paul

· Premium Member
860 Posts
I'd be willing to bet that that smaller radiator is either a tranny cooler... or an A/C condencer. I know my truck has your normal radiator, and then a smaller a/c condencer directly in front of it. My then again, my fathers durango has a tranny cooler that came with his towing package from the factory.

Sometimes the vin number doesn't tell it all. I mean, if you had access to the chrysler database for all vin numbers, then yes,... but whether or not you have a towing package, and dark grey seats will now show up on your vin number.

There are a few difference between bumpers and years. The biggest year was between 2000 and 2001. Dodge changed the whole look on the interior of the truck, like the dash, and door panels. They also went to a one piece bumper up front.

2000 and older came with a two piece bumper,.. even if you got the "sport" model. If you got an SLT, you got a two piece bumper as well... no matter the year. If you said you have an SLT, you can't change much,... unless of cource you just get a complete bumper cover, in which case you just cover over the chrome bumper.

Paul

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.