Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Myself, I don't understand there being a Gen 1 and 2, 2 added 6 lug wheels, and differnet engine/tran combo's but there isn't alot of difference to me, yeah, hood peaks differnet and grill, bezels but there to much alike to say there's a 1st and 2nd. My 2 cents :moon:

·
It's not my fault!
299 Posts
Gen II got new sheetmetal (1991). Front clip was lengthened to better accomodate the 318. Magnum introduced in 92. Although some 87-91 parts will interchange, not all of them will. Enough changes to warrant a Gen difference.

·
G.F.Y racing president
6,587 Posts
small things like fuel managment types, 92 started the injectors int he intake, grill, then all the body cues. as was said earlier, magnum intro, .....just toname a few. alot of part interchange too. if you want to stay with the 5 lug, just swap out the six lug rotors and spindles, and get them from the 87-91, i think the axles will swap too, but not sure. then you can use whatever rims you like. i seen one done up with a 440, and old style ralle wheels. nice combo too. looked like fun to drive too.

jim

·
Registered
201 Posts
Yes

Sneezer said:
Gen II got new sheetmetal (1991). Front clip was lengthened to better accomodate the 318. Magnum introduced in 92. Although some 87-91 parts will interchange, not all of them will. Enough changes to warrant a Gen difference.
I agree. More than just mid-cycle tweaking.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.