Dakota Durango Forum banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
SRT-8 Dakota
902 Posts
In theroy if all the pickups for various sensors are the same and the tone wheel is the same then yes you should be able to but i dont have access to the wiring prints/harness from a 08 or newer 4.7. You would also have to change the TB. Same thing the Ford boys do with the 4.6-5.4 swaps.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Cmon Michael, this guy knows his stuff...he saw the inside of his last motor after he blew it up.
And according to his posts on the chevy forums he says he has put an 08 motor in his truck which is why it was so fast....he had the videos to prove it.
Ok, he's full of shit, claimed the videos of a hemi on nitrous were him, never did the swap he bragged about to the chevy forum....and probably none of the other stuff he has claimed on the various forums.

Too bad he's spreading his idiocy here now too, guess the chevy forum and dt got tired of him....so on to the next one.
Chris and Nick live rent free in your skull

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
josh had to do alot of extra wiring because the ( i think) bus system was different between the 01 and older and the 02 and older (possibly 03)

but i dont think you would need to rewire anything....maybe just change some pinouts. you would just delete your tcm and put your 4th plug in with the 03+ pcm........i think...im a bit tired right now...just got done pulling the engine and tranny
I have a 5 speed so I don't think I even have a TCM... I think the problem is that the 3 plugs from a 01 computer might not plug into the spaces in an 03+ computer. I think the connectors are different.

Would there be any reason I couldn't just keep my 01 computer and get it retuned?

·
Registered
364 Posts
Did you come up with that all by yourself?
I'm impressed.
It was enough to keep you from coming back with a real response :wave:

We all know you hate nick and chris, we get it. Even if you might have a remotely valid point, it's getting drowned in your own obsession. You're tarnishing your own credibility.

·
Banned
9,045 Posts
I have a 5 speed so I don't think I even have a TCM... I think the problem is that the 3 plugs from a 01 computer might not plug into the spaces in an 03+ computer. I think the connectors are different.

Would there be any reason I couldn't just keep my 01 computer and get it retuned?
ahh...that makes it easier...and you should be be able to do it with the 01, just the tone ring swap isnt very fun...the cam one is easy, the crank one you have to pull have the bottom apart...including the girdle.

but i think i still have some 4.7 pcm plugs here....you would just have to put your wires in it.....if interested, just let me know.

·
Banned
9,045 Posts
It was enough to keep you from coming back with a real response :wave:

We all know you hate nick and chris, we get it. Even if you might have a remotely valid point, it's getting drowned in your own obsession. You're tarnishing your own credibility.
take your stupidity and lack of credibility elsewhere....you obviously came to this thread JUST to talk shit to adam...move your e-penis along.

·
Registered
364 Posts
take your stupidity and lack of credibility elsewhere....you obviously came to this thread JUST to talk shit to adam...move your e-penis along.

What's the difference between my post and adam foaming at the mouth about what chris/nick have/have not done? I know you've seen the bashing go on at DT, so F you and the horse you rode in upon.

There is a guy on the jeep boards claiming he is running a stroked Gen 2 4.7. I believe he posts on here. He should be able to shed some light on the topic

·
Registered
373 Posts
If someone is going to give advice, shouldn't it be based on knowledge and not just bullshit lies that have been proven to be just that...lies?
The dude has no clue and goes around pretending to give good advice about tuning, 4.7s...and also 305s on another forum that he got laughed off of basically.
But you have nothing to worry about with his lies...only those who actually mod are at risk of being misinformed by his jibber jabber.

·
Registered
364 Posts
If someone is going to give advice, shouldn't it be based on knowledge and not just bullshit lies that have been proven to be just that...lies?
The dude has no clue and goes around pretending to give good advice about tuning, 4.7s...and also 305s on another forum that he got laughed off of basically.
But you have nothing to worry about with his lies...only those who actually mod are at risk of being misinformed by his jibber jabber.
I never understood that whole alter ego thing either. And when we've talked about this on NA, i never said I didn't agree (i DO agree, to an extent). But I don't agree with doing it incessantly. Its totally over-the-top. There are members here that have been ripped for THOUSANDS of dollars and do you see them posting about it every day for months on end ? Hell no. They post their .02 and what have you, and eventually, they move on.

As for your remark about my own setup, some of us don't have the budget for billy badass engine swaps and the like. Money blown on parts does not equal knowledge ....Having dealt with a certain vendor whos blown LOTS of money to stay in the 15's, you should know. ;)

·
Banned
9,045 Posts
What's the difference between my post and adam foaming at the mouth about what chris/nick have/have not done? I know you've seen the bashing go on at DT, so F you and the horse you rode in upon.

There is a guy on the jeep boards claiming he is running a stroked Gen 2 4.7. I believe he posts on here. He should be able to shed some light on the topic
excuse me? i dont frequent DT much at all...there are very few threads that i remark in or read.

and adam foaming at the mouth...have you ever even met the guy? i have had my own dealings with nick....right when he was starting his airram stuff and then again a few years later

as for the difference in the threads...yours just seem childish.

so one last time...take your e-penis crap either else where or to fight club....or i will be reporting your post.

·
Registered
364 Posts
excuse me? i dont frequent DT much at all...there are very few threads that i remark in or read.

and adam foaming at the mouth...have you ever even met the guy? i have had my own dealings with nick....right when he was starting his airram stuff and then again a few years later

as for the difference in the threads...yours just seem childish.

so one last time...take your e-penis crap either else where or to fight club....or i will be reporting your post.
I've met Nick personally, yes.

The point in my original and subsequent statements was not to defend the vendor in question but to instead call into question the constant bashing of the vendor to the point where nobody really listens anymore. It's very much like crying wolf. I dont ride any of the vendor bandwagons-e.g. I met up with Marty over at KRC just yesterday- because honestly they all have their flaws. And I have made a point that is in line with the original topic in this thread. If you really want to make an issue of it, make a thread about your newfound love for me in Fight Club or report the post. Whatever makes you sleep at night.

·
Banned
9,045 Posts
I've met Nick personally, yes.

The point in my original and subsequent statements was not to defend the vendor in question but to instead call into question the constant bashing of the vendor to the point where nobody really listens anymore. It's very much like crying wolf. I dont ride any of the vendor bandwagons-e.g. I met up with Marty over at KRC just yesterday- because honestly they all have their flaws. And I have made a point that is in line with the original topic in this thread. If you really want to make an issue of it, make a thread about your newfound love for me in Fight Club or report the post. Whatever makes you sleep at night.
*** in disguise...gotta hate those. simple as can be...you wanna argue with adam..make a FC thread...if not...chose to keep arguing here and earn a ban...i would say no brainer, but you havent caught on yet.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I never understood that whole alter ego thing either. And when we've talked about this on NA, i never said I didn't agree (i DO agree, to an extent). But I don't agree with doing it incessantly. Its totally over-the-top. There are members here that have been ripped for THOUSANDS of dollars and do you see them posting about it every day for months on end ? Hell no. They post their .02 and what have you, and eventually, they move on.

As for your remark about my own setup, some of us don't have the budget for billy badass engine swaps and the like. Money blown on parts does not equal knowledge ....Having dealt with a certain vendor whos blown LOTS of money to stay in the 15's, you should know. ;)
Well sir, tell me this....what happens to the one who screwed the member? Id say if they were screwing people over, they usually get banned. Sadly, that's not the case here, so why not let it be known that the clowns have no business giving advice?

As for "billy badass engine swaps"...if you are mildly intelligent you can do it on a very small budget, about the price of cams and a tune on a 4.7...but what do I know, I have no knowledge.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I think if everyone tried to help the cause instead of always trying to outwit each other we may have more 4.7 parts/tuning/builds at this point.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
ahh...that makes it easier...and you should be be able to do it with the 01, just the tone ring swap isnt very fun...the cam one is easy, the crank one you have to pull have the bottom apart...including the girdle.

but i think i still have some 4.7 pcm plugs here....you would just have to put your wires in it.....if interested, just let me know.
you have to pull the girdle? I'm guessing the bedplate on the bottom end? I pulled the tone ring off of my spare short block without doing that but it does look like it would be a pain on a complete motor.

·
Registered
418 Posts
To each their own, I still am a firm believer in the 2008+ heads will not work with the 2007 and prior pistons. I believe you need to run the 2008 pistons, which will require rebalancing the rotating assembly. At that point, you might as well swap to the whole 2008 engine.

As far as recomeending mods, my truck eventually hit a 15.85 @ 86.38, with a 2.46s 60' time. Thats not bad in a 5,500+ truck with 3.55s and 32" tall tires. Considering the long block was as it left Chrysler and I did not even have shorty headers on the truck. Still had the stock Clutch fan on it as well.

My Chevy 305 pulled a 5,600 lbs G-Van to a 14.8 @ 93 on a 2.18s 60' despite 3.08 gears and the stock 1,600 rpm stall torque converter, on its shorter 28.5" tall tire.

When you run things hard you will occasionally break things. Speaking of which, I haven't been on the board much, because I am building ANOTHER 350ish HP 305 to replace a 350 that spun a rod bearing in my brothers truck.

Attachments

21 - 38 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.