Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want my front bumper closer to the ground and after lowering my truck 2", it's not going to make a lot of difference. I thought getting an airdam might close up the clearance between the bumper and the ground. I found one manufacturer that makes airdams for the Durango but it's only good for the 98-00 models. My questions are: Is there a difference in the front bumpers between the 98-00 and 01-03 Durangos? Could the bolts or screws that hold the bumper covers in place be different? Does anyone know of another manufacturer that makes airdams for the 01-03 Durangos. Thanks.
Here's the link to that manufacturer.

http://www.truckmasterdesigns.com/pageairdamsdodge.html

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Joshua said:
I want my front bumper closer to the ground and after lowering my truck 2", it's not going to make a lot of difference. I thought getting an airdam might close up the clearance between the bumper and the ground. I found one manufacturer that makes airdams for the Durango but it's only good for the 98-00 models. My questions are: Is there a difference in the front bumpers between the 98-00 and 01-03 Durangos? Could the bolts or screws that hold the bumper covers in place be different? Does anyone know of another manufacturer that makes airdams for the 01-03 Durangos. Thanks.
Here's the link to that manufacturer.

http://www.truckmasterdesigns.com/pageairdamsdodge.html
I believe the 97-00 Dakotas/Duragnos had a 2 piece bumper.......

See the front bumper....where the fog lights go......there used to be a red one there.......I hit something....so I unscrewed it from the upper bumper (the primered area)....and now there's a grey one. Do you get me? So where the grey one is.......that's where the air dam you're looking at bolts up to.

But the 01+ Dakotas.....it's a one piece design where they can't be seperated. You'll need a full cover like I have. I didn't need a full one, but I liked it.

At least that's what I believe. Crawl under your truck and check it out.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Right on, Mopar! Neil from Dakota-Durango shared a few links. Thanks.

Joshua

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
the one piece looks better IMO. I just ordered a keystone super pursuit bumper. maybe that's what your looking for. check the parts tab on the home page. :biggthump

Attachments

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice Durango, Rock! Did you change your front grille? And what kind of airdam or bumper cover do you have?

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Rock, ionce you get that new Bumper installed are you doing anything with you SS lower grill inserts, if not can i get dibs :wave:

Thanks

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Joshua said:
Nice Durango, Rock! Did you change your front grille? And what kind of airdam or bumper cover do you have?
I picked up a chrome shell and put my SS inserts in. The airdam is the keystone super pursuit kit (front & back). It goes to paint after I move in my house.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
venom said:
Hey Rock, ionce you get that new Bumper installed are you doing anything with you SS lower grill inserts, if not can i get dibs :wave:

Thanks
Goon has all ready hit me up..... thanks for asking. If he changes his mind I'll pm ya
:biggthump

1 - 8 of 8 Posts