Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
ಠ_ಠ ლ(ಠ益ಠ&#
1,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did 4x4 daks come with LSD and if so how can i tell without pulling off the diff cover?

If not where can I get an LSD rear end for my dak? didnt the r/t's have em?

·
Banned
25,820 Posts
Optional, not sure how to tell but a manufacture spreadsheet. R/T's do have them.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Easiest way to tell is to open up the glove box of your Dakota and look at the printed sticker thats at the bottom. It will list a bunch of things, including your gear ratio and if you have LSD, it will be called "Anti Spin Differential" I believe.

EDIT: Mine is a 4x4 Dakota, but I have seen other 4x4 Dakota owners that do not have an anti-spin dif.

·
Banned
28,625 Posts
deadshows had that

·
ಠ_ಠ ლ(ಠ益ಠ&#
1,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fk i dont have one...
I think it would be cheeper to just buy an axle with lsd. Do Durangos have an option for lsd?

·
Registered
569 Posts
I'm pretty sure Durangos also came with an option for the anti-spin dif.

Another way to tell is to jack up the rear and spin one wheel by hand. If the other wheel spins in the same direction, its LSD. If it spins in the opposite direction, its an open dif.

·
.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.
10,424 Posts
Durango axle won't swap in to your truck. They're spring-under.

If you want cheap and easy, go for a PowerTrax locker. Seeing as you have an open carrier, I'm pretty sure you can get either version...look into it.

·
ಠ_ಠ ლ(ಠ益ಠ&#
1,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Going soa wouldnt be that hard i was just trying to give myself a larger playing field.

A locker would be nice, but if I go that way I would want to go all the way with an air locker mainly for the option to turn it off.

I had an ox locker on my old f150 and the cable needed constant care and it broke once or twice but that truck was a work horse when I spent more time in the dirt and sand than I did in school.

Now that im abbout to go of to college I just want a simple solution to an anoying problem... maybe I should just finish my RC.

·
Registered
128 Posts
i have a 05 st 4x4 it came with towing pkg and limited slip

·
ಠ_ಠ ლ(ಠ益ಠ&#
1,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hehe you are lucky you dont live bye me id have your dak up on blocks by morning with no axle :nana: I would obvoiusly not the the rims and tires but still im thinking il go searth the local yard for one even if it dosnt have disks that will give me an excuse to upgrade the whole system.

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
My '01 RC SLT 3.9L 4x4 came with 3.92's and limited slip. Love it :mullet:...

·
ಠ_ಠ ლ(ಠ益ಠ&#
1,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
whyyyyy!...

iv even got the 3.55's...

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
whyyyyy!...

iv even got the 3.55's...
Lol, the 3.92s don't seem that special to me. Good friend of mine who's up here, has a '01 Quad Cab SLT 4.7 with 3.55s and limited slip.

Don't see why any 4x4 Dakota wouldn't come without them...seems kinda dumb to leave out.

·
MOPAR RULES!
150 Posts
My son has a 92 cc 2wd had 3.55 lsd in it and he blowed the gears out of the unit last year . He didnt have the money to put it back like it was so i built him an open end unit . I used parts from a 77 4x dodge , and i think it was a 99or 00 full size dodge and his original set and put it all back together and he has ran the crap out of it for almost a year now with no probs. Cept he only has to replace 1 tire every month instead of 2 lol . But why im replying is that i found out from my experience with the 8.25's they pretty much have the same stuff inside .And all of the 2wd cc trucks we have had have all had the lsd in them ... maybe we just got lucky but i would check into a 2wd cc to find a lsd . I'm no expert or anything just letting yall know what ive ran into with our daks. hope this helps some. WD

·
Rock Crawler
483 Posts
2000 SLT 4x4, HD package, 9.25" rear, open diff, 3.55's ..... *sigh*

I'm still baffled by this combo that the original owner ordered.

·
ಠ_ಠ ლ(ಠ益ಠ&#
1,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
exactly the same as mine sept I dont have chrome letters on my doors and mine is an 03

1 - 17 of 17 Posts