Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello again,

The 2001 Durango has more problems. The heater has an issue with defrost. There is very very little output from the vent at the base of the windshield. The side pods by the windows have a little air flowing out of them. If I switch to the panel vents or floor vents, air comes out at a good flow. I am trying this with the fan turned on high.

This Durango has the front and rear air controls, and the seperate driver's side and passenger's side heat settings.

Another thing, when I move the dial from defrost to floor or panel, it takes a few seconds (3 or 4) to switch, I don't know if this is a normal Dodge thing or not.

It is a needed function so any help is really appreciated.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
12,185 Posts
My primary vents for the windshield typically pump out a decent amount of air, but I don't have dual zones in my Dakota, there may be a different fan used between the models.

My truck does take a couple of sections to kick in when I set the fan on both trucks - I guess this is normal with the control panel.

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Update

Went to the dealer last night. They hooked up the Durango to some computer to recalibrate the HVAC. It failed the recalibration. Now it looks like someone (me) is going to be taking the dash apart to see what is wrong. For all I know, something fell down the defrost vent and is jamming a door.

Does anyone have a picture of the HVAC system so I can get a heads up? I will buy the book but I would like to take a look sooner to get an idea of what I'm up against.

Thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts