Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just took off the "Dodge" and "Dakota" letering that was on my tailgate. The stickers came off pretty easily, but there is an almost invisible residue that remains. I sprayed it with an automotive "Bug and Tar Remover" and let it soak but even after a vigorous scrubbing it's still there. It's almost impossible to see, but when it gets wet it's obvious.

Anyone got any suggestions on how to get this off?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Dry to wet sand and buff. For some reason there is always this image behind any decals or stripes you remove from your truck. I just removed the stripe off my Dak and will have to do this

V

·
0 Posts
First use Goo-Be-Gone to take care of most of the decal residue and then sand and buff it out, I just used the goo be gone and it is so faint now you can berely see it, still gotta get off my lazy ass and buff it out but it looks alot better

·
Registered
132 Posts
When I took mine off I also had a slight "ghost" effect when my tailgate got dirty. All I did was take some WD-40 and spray where the decals were. Washed the WD-40 off and then gave it a good wax job. No more "ghosting" effect where the decals were. That is all it took.

·
Registered
193 Posts
You guys are right all you need is a good safe cleaner. I used a heat gun to get the decals off then simple green to remove tacky parts then a nice thick couple coats of wax. Good luck not much time to do maybe an hour total.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts