Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
best way to actually take off any decals...take it to the powerwasher... and they will slide right off...then a day or so later ACTUALLY wash it... scrub really hard where the letters were and rinse... and it will be PERFECT no left over sticky stuff that's what I did for my stampede...took EVERYTHING off the back.

·
Registered
375 Posts
I pretty much did mine the same way Solar360 did it. Used the heat gun and peeled er off with my nails. I've heard some people use some fishing line with a back and forth motion, or an old credit card. After i got all the lettering off, took some bug and tar remover and scrubbed all the goo stuff off. Gave it a good wash and wax and you're good to go.

·
Getting Old
2,662 Posts
yeah, if its stickers, just use a heat gun or a blow dryer, just dont keep it pointed at it too long, cuz i think it can actually make ur paint bubble up. If its the badges, the newer ones, then just use some fishing line or dental floss and "saw" them off. Then use Goo Gone or whatever u want to get the sticky stuff off.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sweet

Thank yo gentlemen! I just did it and it looks pretty hot. I didn't ealize that the V8 symbol on the front had two plugs that go into holes. So instead of body filler, I just got some decals for now. Work with what you got!

·
I bleev u have mai staplr
3,018 Posts
Because your paint has faded where there was no stickers and didn't where there was, they are basically 2 different shades of paint now. You will probably never completely get rid of the difference depending on how faded your paints gotten, but a good buffing will make it a lot less noticable.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Just wash and wax where you took the stickers off and that will go away. I had the same ghosting effect for a day or two but after you wash your truck a couple times it will disappear. Just make sure you have all the glue off. My ghosting effect showed up after the first time I washed it when I took off the badges. I just washed it really good and gave it a good wax job and now you can't even tell they were there.

·
Boost.....coming soon :D
2,280 Posts
I didn't realize that the V8 symbol on the front had two plugs that go into holes.
what year did dodge stop doing that? i have an 01' and didnt have any holes, but my friend tried to take his off of his 97 or 99 and had to leave it there due to the hole.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.