Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:help: I lost my owners manual.I need to know how to access the radio to install xm satellite.I have a 2004 sxt quad cab 2wd automatic 4.7 v8. Any help would be great. I just dont want to start taking out screws that's not necessary

·
Registered
86 Posts
In my 1999 Dakota, the front trim piece just pulls off. You need to use a little force, but there are no screws. THen just 2 bolts holding the radio in. Thats all there was on my truck, and I'd assume thats all thats on yours too.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
tks

Thanks Redline.What I've heard so far is 2004 is a bitch to access .I'm just going to take it in and have it done .

·
Registered
48 Posts
My '97 just pulls out also. No screws....2 bolts holding in the head unit.

It's definitely convenient, but kind of scary if you really think about it. Keep the doors locked :D

·
Mike
1,683 Posts
2001 one and up you need to take out some screws, i dont remember where they are all at but just get a screw driver and look around...its not that much of a bitch, about 2 minutes and you can have it off.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.