Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
put a new head unit in a while back and 2 days after i did it my background lights went out behind my dash. the ones that illuminate the speedo and all that junk when the headlights are turned on. also the back ground lights for all my a/c knobs and whatnot are out. i know several people have had this problem but i never saw the fix for it. i check the dimmer switch and yes it is turned up. also all the fuses under the hood and in the panel on the side of the dash are good. please help!

lando

btw if anyone needs to know the truck is an '01 CC R/T

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Rip the cd player back out and make sure that there are no exposed wires touching anyhting. Also, make sure u have all the wire where they should be. Sometimes if there is two wires touching it will ground out some stuff. Just make sure all the wires are right and make sure they are insulated really well.

Bryan

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
aight i'll check everything back there one more time to see if i didn't miss anything. i seem to remember one suspicious wire from when i put it in.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
aight guys. i took the dash back off and pulled the head unit out and sho 'nuff found a loose wire dangling. turns out the wires was shorting to ground and blowing the number 9 fuse on the side panel. so its my own stupid fault basically. :hammer: thanks for the help everyone i appreciate it.
:chug:

lando

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.