Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
G.F.Y racing president
6,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone know what the problem could be? i also have a mysterious problem with the turn signal, flashers and wipers. i know the flashaers are supposed to work independantly, but it all works with the key not even near the truck... what gives? also my switch for the ac/heat fan is kaput too. damn thing seems like shes falling apart on me here. i ordered a new turn signal flasher, wiper switch on saturday, plugged it in last night, and the same thing. i need a wiring diagram or something to trace this maze of wires. i was thinking the switch on the column for the brakes is bad, so i put a test light on it, and im not even getting any power to the thing.. anyone have any thoughts or know what wires are what that would be great.

jim :help:

·
G.F.Y racing president
6,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
checked them all, i do have a dead spot in my fuse box though. anyone know which one (number on the fuse box) is for these back brake lights?

all fuses work too. threw a fuse in the dead spot i found, and now my air works again...lol

jd

·
Registered
48 Posts
for the talilights... I had a problem with my tailights about 3 months ago and it was a simple wire from the power distribution box. (on the underside)it was one of the many (if im correct with the color) yellow/black wires.. it was loose and did a little bit of pushing and taping and they worked since.. Hope this helps any!!

-Charlie Tyre

·
G.F.Y racing president
6,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks, when i get some more time,....like saturday, ill look into it more. :biggthump :bow:

jim

·
G.F.Y racing president
6,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
99durango318 said:
Possable multifunction switch?
just changed it today, no deal. lights are still out. running lights work, turn signals and flashers work.... :rant:

·
G.F.Y racing president
6,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
mopar rt said:
There was a re-call on some Dakotas for a bad wiring harness that would produce similar results as you have described. Maybe check with the Dodge dealer to see if yours is covered under this re-call.
Hmmmm, think it will be covered even though my truck is an older one?

damn, just called, no recals available for my model trcuk, and the vin number too.

still searchin...going to get the fuse box down a bit so i can take a peek behind it today..

G

·
This is a common thing with the daks. bad wiring harnesses. If you repalced your brake light switch and still having the same problem, blinkers work, tail lights work, ect ect. I'd bet you it's the where the wire runs into the power dist. box under the hood. there are about 20 wires on the under side of the box that yellow and black and they all run to different things ..front lights, rear lights,,,but they are control by the same fuse/switch. if you look at the box from the top side where all the relays are you will see something that looks like a long white plastic strip. that is where they all come together for the power.

Take the box off and flip it up side down removing the back cover, have a bud or take a bat and wedge it to press the brake pedal and they wiggle the wires one at a time. A loose connection can de detected this way and point out what wire is loose. Then either try to remove the wire and recrimp it or recrimp it with needle nose pliers. I had to trace each wire until I found out what was happening with my son's truck. about 3 days of work. Dealer had no ideas either.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.