Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all! I purchased a 2000 Dakota Sport this weekend and it has Head lamp/driving lite issues. The HIGH beams work, but no low beams AND no Driving lites! Also the indicator lamp on the head lite switch for the driving lite is not illuminated! Both head lamps are good, (I removed them and tested the bulbs, ) and the bulbs in the driving lamps are also good. Any ideas???????

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
the light switch if famous for going bad. I've swapped mine out all ready. 10 minute job. bought the switch from the dealer for $60 I think. you can also try to flick them high to low a couple of times, but sounds like the switch has gone.

rock

·
Super Modder
4,368 Posts
yea, most likely your light switch...and those are fog lamps not driving lamps...technically the only difference would the shape of the beam, under some law, the fog lights must turn off when the high lights are turned on or something like that.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replys guy! Already replaced it! $60 from the dealer.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
mjjrt said:
Thanks for the replys guy! Already replaced it! $60 from the dealer.
take care of it I take it? cool

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
98 Durango Same Problem, Not the Multi-Switch

I have a 98 Durango with the same headlight problem, the Multi-Switch swap out did not fix the issue, is there another known issue or resolution that someone can post...

Thanks in advance!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts