Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The GTG for this year is on October 9, Saturday. Meet @ McDonald's in Robbinsville on US129 for the NC and GA guys. I'll be coming from Knoxville on US129 through Maryville earlier that morning, with an initial pass through the Dragon and Deal's Gap. www.tailofthedragon.com
(This is the original thread; circumstances prevented the June 12 date from occuring. Latest info starts on page 4.)

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just found out today that the Knoxville Biker Rally Nationals is June 16-19. It has been organized as a replacement for the Honda Hoot event that brought in 10,000 motorcycles to the area from 2008-back.

·
Registered
459 Posts
I think it would be great to do it the same week-end as the Mopar-Nation event. We were already planning on going it with the wife's Caliber. I could bring along the Durango just as easy.

·
The Metal Doctor
985 Posts
i might be able to make this. not that far away from me and all.

as far as the nationals, there hasnt been any word. we just got our forums back thanks to a hacker. everyone has been busy doing other things and i feel the club is not doing so good.

·
Registered
18,117 Posts
Bump.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I made a post on Mopar Nation about our Dragon post here on Dak-Dur, and their administrator deleted it, saying they don't allow links to "competing" websites. I don't know how to take that...:huh: :D

·
SRT-8 Dakota
902 Posts
I would repost and just not say anything about dak-dur and see what the response is then. Just say something about several other sites and how we wanted to include them?

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
A rock slide this week on US129 @ mile 13 is blocking the road, and TDOT has closed access to The Dragon from the NC/TN line @ Deal's Gap. The road is supposed to be reopened on March 26. www.tailofthedragon.com now has facebook updates as well.
Mile 13 is two miles from the "head" of The Dragon, mile 11. Those of you at Dakotas on the Dragon II last September will know the location of the slide. It is near the wide parking area where we stopped by the lake before heading home.

·
Currently embracing Fords
6,525 Posts
I'm gonna definitely try to make this one, whether or not I still have my RC or if I'll have a Qc by then is yet to be seen.

·
SRT-8 Dakota
902 Posts
ive got the vacation time scheduled off already. Im going to be coming down on June 10th and going to be doing some camping in the area.

·
Live fast or die slow
117 Posts
Got it marked on the calendar....depends on a possible promotion at work though. Get promoted, probably can't make it.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
so whens the nxt run?
Saturday, June 12...at this point. Surely the road will be cleared by then. US129 is closed at the NC/TN state line (the "tail" of the Dragon). The 11 miles with 318 curves is actually the first 11 miles in TN. Because emergency services responding from TN would have to travel 100 miles to an accident scene (via NC), the entire first 13 miles is shut down by the DOT and THP.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts