Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
New member and old Dodge Tech here worked as a mechanic/tech for Dodge 1980-2003.
I recently bought a 2003 Dakota SLT that was on the way to the bone yard, It was smashed in the front and lots of rusted out panels, Spend a entire summer fixing it up. The bottom rocker panels were silver, but I changed then to satin black and I added the stripe to the tonneau cover.The only reason besides being Patriot blue, my favorite color. I wanted this truck as it was a Rumble Bee edition. Seems very rare as I have not seen another Dakota with these markings on it ever.
Car Tire Vehicle Wheel Land vehicle
Eye Blue Light Automotive lighting Rim
It even has bees on the center caps. I even Google searched it and could not find another. Has anyone else ever seen or own 1 of these Rumble Bee Dakotas in gen2 ? (see pic) Also My restore process

·
Home School Valedictorian
4,235 Posts
Someone put it together. No such thing.

·
C'mon Dodge - NEW DAKOTA
2003 Dakota Club Cab Sport 4.7L
523 Posts
Those could easily be Ram wheels or just center caps.

Reactions: Bobbers66

·
Home School Valedictorian
4,235 Posts
There was a Ram Rumble Bee, no Dakota. There are people that will cut vinyl to whatever spec you want, including Rumble Bee stripes with Dodge Dakota cut in them. The wheels aren't Ram wheels. The Ram wheels are 5 bolt vs 6 for the Dakota. I have had wheel centers made for me before. I had a set of Enkei wheels that I one-offed with the center caps.
Contact Chrysler with your VIN, they will be able to provide a printout of all options your truck was built with.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Welcome Bobbers 66
Great truck love that you have saved a very cool truck from death by slow dismemberment.
IMHO who put the strips on make no difference unless you are trying to sell it as a One of One factory built truck, I will bet that a dealer added that when the last year "dakota" was sitting and Rumble Bees were hot. I test drove a Rumble Bee when new it was sweet but 10K markup, so that dealer makes his own. Again very nice.
Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Tire Motor vehicle

1 - 8 of 8 Posts