Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, i have a 99 dakota 3.9L manual and I want to tow my 1969 Dodge Dart 340 to Myrtle Beach, roughly 100 miles. It already has a hitch on it and harness, so I'm assuming the owner before me towed things or it possibly came with the towing package from the factory. Not positive, but how can I tell if it has the towing package and also would I be able to tow safely my Dart 200 miles (round trip) with a stock 3.9 liter and manual transmission?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ive got an 03 sport with the 3.9 and auto tranny, I towed my 98 neon to charleston wv with no problems before so you should be able to
Dave

·
Premium Member
1,544 Posts
You shouldn't have a huge problem. You might have to work the clutch a little to get her goin, because your 3.9 only has 175 hp stock. I'm not sure on tq. I had a 98 RC I4 5spd, and I towed a trailor with my dad's ranger on it for 2 hours... it was slow going at first, but it got there.

The main thing you should worry about is brakeing. When you go to try and stop, make sure to leave yourself room to do so adiquitly(sp?).

You just have to be causious when towing, or things can go bad real quick.

Paul

1 - 3 of 3 Posts