Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Dakota Enthusiasts,

Keisler Dakota R/T56 6-Speed kit $4995 (price effective Dec 2009)

Considered the ultimate drivetrain upgrade, the R/T56 kit is a combination of kick ass performance and driveability, adding the look and feel you expect from a sport truck.

The R/T56 Edition kits are designed to be an exclusive offering, providing the finest in materials, engineering and craftsmanship.

Each R/T56 kit includes the following:
- Tremec T56 close ratio 6-speed transmission with upgraded Viper components including shaft, carbon fiber friction cones, steel forks. Ratios: 2.66 1.78 1.30 1.00 0.79 0.63
- Keisler pro billet shifter with upgraded return springs
- ALUMINUM DRIVESHAFT (added 12-28-09)
- PEDAL KIT (added 12-28-09)
- Keisler aluminum bellhousing with inspection cover
- 11inch steel flywheel
- 11inch Sachs Borg & Beck high performance diaphram clutch with modern pedal effort (so easy, you can push the clutch pedal to the floor with your hand).
- Modern concentric slave hydraulic clutch kit with die cast master cylinder, stainless steel flex line with bleeder and clutch reservoir; service free design for more than 100,000mile durability
- transmission mount isolator
- wiring connectors for back-up lights, reverse lock-out solenoid
- chrome shifter handle with round knob (optional carbon fiber or wood nostalgia Pistol Grip handle, add $75)
- black molded rubber shift boot
- show chrome matching shift boot retaining ring
- automotive grade hardware, packaged and labeled
- illustrated instruction manual
- 12 month, unlimited mileage warranty

You will also need:
- $300 Computer Reflash by B&G Chrysler of Detroit MI; contact [email protected] for details.

PLUS
- OPTIONAL R/T56 custom instrument panel faceplate ($150), featuring modern SRT-inspired bold swept fonts over silver face, 6-speed shift pattern with R capable to be lit in reverse (requires $90 LED light kit)

Add 9.25% tax for Tennessee residents only. No tax for non-Tennessee residents.

Shipping runs $150-250 within the lower 48 states and most parts of Canada.

Lead Time & Delivery
Lead time is 10-12 weeks from order. Shipping is by truck freight, business address is best but home delivery is usually possible.

And, with all Keisler Engineering products, customer satisfaction and service are guaranteed. I've sold thousands of transmissions, and this kit is, without a doubt, one my favorites of all time. Hope to hear from you soon.

Interior shot after installation - automatic column with lever removed, dash faceplate, shifter

Close-up of shifter handle, boot, trim ring, knob

Underbody Shot

ACCESSORIES
- Dash Faceplate - in matte silver or matte black - recommended, not required. Price is $150. Optional LED lighting kit, which will include Reverse pattern light up, is available for $90.

- ProTouring Dual Friction Clutch Kit Upgrade, 600HP/600LBFT, add $150

- ProTouring Dual Ceramic Clutch Kit Upgrade, 650HP/650LBFT, add $175

T56 MAGNUM OPTION
The 700 LB-FT, 700 HP T-56 MAGNUM will also be available for this kit. It will cost approx $800-1000 more than the above base price since it is new versus reman. The MAGNUM is a great unit - shift quality, torque capability, durability, etc - all better than the current. BUT, the current is GREAT and gets the job done for less money.

HOW TO PUT IN AN ORDER
Simply email me ([email protected]) or sales ([email protected]) with your details: Year, Cab model (standard or extended), Power Level (standard or Magnum), kit options, special requirements (ex: neutral balanced flywheel for aftermarket stroker kit, etc.). Sometimes too often, emails get caught in our spam filter. If you don't hear back, simply call us toll free at 888-609-0070 x1 (sales) or x203 (Shafi).

INSTALLATION
We have installation centers across the US and Canada. Estimated installation hours 20-24 more or less depending on the complexity of your truck with exhaust, suspension, etc.

If you PM me here, it may take a little bit for me to get back to you. It is MUCH quicker to contact me via email at [email protected].

All the Best!

Shafi Keisler, Owner & Founder

·
Registered
54 Posts
Tko

Do you still offer a TKO kit for the Dakota and if you do not can i buy the parts from you to do it myself? and have you tried the Lakewood bellhousing or the Quicktime? My truck is a 4.7 with stock nv3500 and i would like to up grade to a TKO I do drag race the truck and want a tranny that can handle more abuse.
Thanks Alan

·
Registered
18,117 Posts
Have any of these kits been successfully installed on a 2001+ truck without any PCM issues? What codes pop up with the check engine light?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
TKO600 KIT for Dakota 5.9L & 5.2L only

Do you still offer a TKO kit for the Dakota and if you do not can i buy the parts from you to do it myself? and have you tried the Lakewood bellhousing or the Quicktime? My truck is a 4.7 with stock nv3500 and i would like to up grade to a TKO I do drag race the truck and want a tranny that can handle more abuse.
Thanks Alan
Alan,

We can sell the TKO600 kit for '97-03 Dakota with Magnum 318/360/408derivatives or big block & hemi, including:
- TKO600, 19.5 or 16.5inch shifter position - your choice (add $200 for 12.5 inch position; add 7 inch for bell depth to get the total dimension back from block)
- crossmember bracket
- aluminum bellhousing, no inspection cover (make your own out of flat stock) (add $200 for Lakewood; not compatible with factory EFI)
- factory steel flywheel (add $100 for billet; not compatible with factory EFI)
- 11inch 500LBFT torque/ 500HP clutch (add $100 for ProTouring dual friction copper ceramic/organic)
- hydraulics
- slip yoke (add $500 for aluminum driveshaft)
- isolator
- speedo, backup, neutral safety wiring harnesses
- all hardware kits, gr5/8
- shifter handle
- black or white knob (pistol grip add $75)
- shifter boot/chrome retainer ring
- 12 month warranty, 2 years to activate

Total $3995 plus $150 shipping anywhere in the lower 48 states

Note to 3.9L/4.7L engine and all 4WD owners: we don't support these variations. sorry. The 4.7L can be done, by deleting our flywheel, and using the factory 4.7L flywheel, but **you are on your own for these mods, but it can easily work using our hydraulics and the factory flywheel**

Note about SFI race bellhousings Lakewood and Quicktime: We only guarantee the quality of Lakewoods because they are the best product available - properly engineered to work every time. Neither Lakewood nor Quicktime will work with the factory EFI flywheel and sensor.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Have any of these kits been successfully installed on a 2001+ truck without any PCM issues? What codes pop up with the check engine light?

YES - since 2003, we have provided TKO or T56 kits to every year Dakota 1997-2003, 2WD only. B&G did the flash.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have to subscribe to this thread! I'm interested, but I'm buying a house here shortly.......maybe I'll use the tax rebate! :jester:
Rick,
Damn fine amberfire R/T. very nice

·
Banned
7,625 Posts
$5k....damn wish I can

·
Registered
756 Posts
YES - since 2003, we have provided TKO or T56 kits to every year Dakota 1997-2003, 2WD only. B&G did the flash.
So are these a regularly stocked item now or just a Special Run like in the past?

·
TKO'ed
1,591 Posts
My TKO's stock hydraulic system and throwout bearing laughs at all your T56 related issues. Only problem I ever had with it was when I let the hydraulic line get to close to the headers and it burned through, but that was my fault. Other than that is' been perfect. The last person that drove my TKO went out and bought one the next day. lol...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts