Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is a dakota that i found on craigslist in denver, i emailed him about the mileage and got this return.

Hey,
I am selling this car because my unit will be sent back to Iraq.I have no use for the car anyway,due to my job.I am asking $3900.The price is low because I need to sell it before Nov 16th. The car is in great condition and runs great. I have a clean title ready to be signed. The car has no electrical or mechanical problems.It is still available for sale if interested, price as stated .The car is in Billings, MT; in case it gets sold I will take care of shipping. Let me know if you are interested, email back.

2002 Dodge Dakota
Inspection: Inspected
Vehicle Title: Clean
Condition: Used
Transmission: Automatic
Fuel type: Gasoline
Engine: 8 Cylinder 4.7 Liter
Miles: 56400
Thanks,

Is this for real? It seems a little fishy even if he is leaving he could get quite a bit more for it.

·
Registered
61 Posts
This is a dakota that i found on craigslist in denver, i emailed him about the mileage and got this return.

Hey,
I am selling this car because my unit will be sent back to Iraq.I have no use for the car anyway,due to my job.I am asking $3900.The price is low because I need to sell it before Nov 16th. The car is in great condition and runs great. I have a clean title ready to be signed. The car has no electrical or mechanical problems.It is still available for sale if interested, price as stated .The car is in Billings, MT; in case it gets sold I will take care of shipping. Let me know if you are interested, email back.

2002 Dodge Dakota
Inspection: Inspected
Vehicle Title: Clean
Condition: Used
Transmission: Automatic
Fuel type: Gasoline
Engine: 8 Cylinder 4.7 Liter
Miles: 56400
Thanks,

Is this for real? It seems a little fishy even if he is leaving he could get quite a bit more for it.
email/call him
and ask to meet someone in person to see/drive it.
cause he has to have wife/girlfriend/friend/brother etc that watching after it

·
Currently embracing Fords
6,525 Posts
Have you noticed that at the top of the craigslist page that warning that reads "OFFERS TO SHIP CARS ARE 100% FRAUDULENT"

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
He is looking after shipping too? Even the way it is worded is cause for concern.

If you can see it in person, drive it, etc. then ok, but I wouldn't do anything unless you physically see the truck.

·
Registered
500 Posts
I would say SCAM, hes setting the stage for a quick transaction car is many miles away and he keeps referring to it as a car not truck so he has probably cut and pasted this from another scam he has ran

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yea i agree with all of you guys, that would be a sweet deal if it was true..oh well. thanks for the replys

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
I would say SCAM, hes setting the stage for a quick transaction car is many miles away and he keeps referring to it as a car not truck so he has probably cut and pasted this from another scam he has ran
Thats what I was looking at. How many of you guys ever call your Dak a car? Even SUVs are called trucks; people are quick to make sure you know their non-car is not a car.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts