Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this isnt the stereotypical truck to put spinners on and i have heard all the fuss about me doing so, but I love this truck and I have started to transform it into the kind of truck you would see on "Pimp my Ride" I have lcd screens running through it and a bunch of other cool stuff inside, but my favorite part are the spinners. I went to several wheel shops and they said it was impossible to get rims and spinners for the Dakota. (i have a 2002 R/T by the way) Soo, i searched around ebay and found rims that were custom drilled for the dakota, but found out i could have just gotten any old rim style because the spinners bolt on top of the lug nuts and are pretty much universal. I ended up getting the rims, spinners, and tires used for 1600. Which seemed a really good price, but ended up spending alot more. Make sure if you try to do this that you buys a "spin kit" which is a special set of bolts that go through the wheel and through the spinner (no drilling, sit right on top of lug nuts). Also included are a set of locks and the key. This will run you about 100-150 bucks from a custom wheel shop. The guy who sold the rims on ebay said there was plenty of tread on the tires....there wasnt... so add another 1000 for brand new Eagle GT II 275/45/20 tires. Plus, now i have found out that one of the rims has a slow leak because its bent; something that i am told has become more common as the rim sizes increases. I learned a lesson, you get what you pay for. I still love these things though. They absolutely break necks. I cant go anywhere without people checkin out the car or stopping me and asking me about them.

·
Premium Member
74,416 Posts
Welcome to the site and yeah we love pics.... :biggthump

:wave:

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
picture to prove it

Sorry, i thought i attached a picture but maybe it didnt work. I will try it again. This is my Dak before the sniper kit, fiberglass tonneau, and custom black racing stripes. You can see my stock 17 inch chrome rims next to it. They look almost the same size because they were in the foreground of the picture.
I have two photos on a new webshots account that i just set up because apparently the photo is too big to upload into this website i guess. Here is the link.

http://community.webshots.com/scripts/editPhotos.fcgi?action=viewall&albumID=320428875

Please tell me what you think.

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
Outshiner44 said:
Sorry, i thought i attached a picture but maybe it didnt work. I will try it again. This is my Dak before the sniper kit, fiberglass tonneau, and custom black racing stripes. You can see my stock 17 inch chrome rims next to it. They look almost the same size because they were in the foreground of the picture.
I have two photos on a new webshots account that i just set up because apparently the photo is too big to upload into this website i guess. Here is the link.

http://community.webshots.com/scripts/editPhotos.fcgi?action=viewall&albumID=320428875

Please tell me what you think.

Gotta make it public compadre! Your webshots is a private file right now... make it visible to everyone!

·
Registered
277 Posts
that worked... looks alright, not my style but it is unique ill give ya that. i say lose the fake hood scoops, drop it, also loose the sun visor, its a sport truck not a big rig :) just my .02 of course, keep the mods comin bud :biggthump

1 - 7 of 7 Posts