Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a p0601 code the other day, when my battery died. So i went and bought a new battery. Reset the ecm a few times and drove it around for a few hrs each time but the p0601 just keeps coming back on. I was wondering if all none security code ecu 4.7 auto would work in my dakota. My truck is a 2001 dakota 4.7 auto and i have a guy that says he has a 2001 dakota 4.7 auto but it's from a 4x4 and my truck 2 wheel drive will it still work if it's a no security key ecm too. ? If not will the Durango or ram or jeep 4.7 auto all interchangeable or does it have to be a dakota with the same year make and model.?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi I'm new here and I just saw your P0601 code. I have a new computer for my 2001 dodge ram and it has the same code when I first installed it. It means that something is wrong in the computer like a short circuit, according to the info. online. The van still started and drove but the MIL is on permanently and it never went away, so I reinstalled the old computer. returning the new PCM is not really an option for me because of the cost of shipping, but if I can ever get it fixed I will. Anyway, good luck with yours. Frank

·
Registered
76 Posts
Usually p0601 means a faulty pcm. That being said it usually just sets a light and does not affect drivability.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Usually p0601 means a faulty pcm. That being said it usually just sets a light and does not affect drivability.
Hi Panterasr9. Sometimes it can affect driveability, I suppose one is just lucky when it doesn't. Did you get your truck running? I think that disconnecting something while the ignition is on can cause a problem like that to occur, that is what I've been learning anyway. Frank

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hi Panterasr9. Sometimes it can affect driveability, I suppose one is just lucky when it doesn't. Did you get your truck running? I think that disconnecting something while the ignition is on can cause a problem like that to occur, that is what I've been learning anyway. Frank
Oh it's not my truck just trying to help another member out. The only thing I have seen remedy that code is pcm replacement but I have not seen everything so for what its worth.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts