Registered
451 Posts
Details on your setup?

Sounds good.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All stock besides 2.5 in dual Dynomax prebent pipes with a Flowmaster Super 40 muffler. Only other mod is a k/n cold air intake. Very happy with it

·
Registered
451 Posts
is the muffler single in/dual out or what? I'm still searching for a decent sound for my 6. It's hard to tell in the video, but it doesn't seem to sound ricey... Does it in person?

·
Registered
226 Posts
So there is no cat, I'm putting on a thrush welded (pretty much a cheaper dynomax) on my sixer probably friday, I'll have the exhaust dumped though. I might take the cat off if it sounds good.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cats are still there. Yea not sure how other setups sound. I just trusted the guy since him and his guys drove dodges. I was going to put on two 2.5 in glasspacks, but they would not fit.

·
Registered
54 Posts
So there is no cat, I'm putting on a thrush welded (pretty much a cheaper dynomax) on my sixer probably friday, I'll have the exhaust dumped though. I might take the cat off if it sounds good.
Dont do a thrush on anything except a dumpster. The thud is the best sound youll ever get outof it

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yea. I was skeptical, cause I had it on my F150 and it was weak. The guy told me that the Fords have too many cats and Dodges sound better with them. I approve!

·
Registered
375 Posts
When I was looking on YouTube years back of daks with cat backs w/ the 3.9, most were flowmasters and sounded like garbage. I took the gamble and dumped the money on a magnaflow kit that had the best sound for my liking. Dyno max was nice but only lasted a year in these pocono winters. Magnaflow is 5 years strong with just the clamps rotting off.

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
I have a flowmaster super 40 on my '00 with a 3.9L and it used to sound the exact same way! Till the baffles inside rotted out now it sounds like a can of pissed off bees and getting louder in a bad kind of way.

Looking to replace the muffler in a month hopefully. Probably be with another flowmaster 40.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts