Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Happy 4th of July!
5,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I have really really really really really been thinking about a little squeeze for my motor.

I want to build a plate that mounts below the TB (a spacer) to hold the nozzle. Single stage No thrills wet setup. I want to run 100 HP shot at most.

Guess the question is, I've heard of alot of people running 150 shots on basically stock blocks, but they all had ALOT less miles, I am just over 120K on the clock, and I really can't afford to pop the motor...

Maybe more like a 50 or 75 HP pill? It'd still be WAY cheaper than heads/exhuast/M1/TB... and net about the same HP increase!

·
Happy 4th of July!
5,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I don't race all the time, actually I really don't race but 1 or 2 times a month (if even) just want a little somethin somthin for all those pesky little jpa rockets, atleast be able to keep up with them punks (barely beat a RSX the other day!)

·
I like trucks
510 Posts
I hear some people buy those TB spacers and tap them for the NOS injection....not sure how well it works but w/e

·
Getting Old
2,662 Posts
just go to Autzone, i think they sell spacers there for cheap as hell. Or u could just get one made...i think... But yeah, do some nitrous it would be awesome :biggthump

·
Happy 4th of July!
5,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
DownBoi said:
how much does a cheap/good nitrous kit cost? like a weakling 50 shot kit or whatever.
Best I can tell a basic "wet" shot setup runs around $600 or so. I think you can go less depending. I want a wet shot, cause I don't trust the truck to compinsate for the added "air" (Run lean = dead motor). Thing that sucks about N20, is a small pill and a big pill all cost the same. Most setups come with like 50-75-100 shots and then you can buy 125-150-200and up pills. "pill" meaning the nozzle that allows X amount of N20 by. I think to get much above like 250 you need to run either 2 nozzles, or a dual stange setup. I don't think I'll ever run more than 200. Haha :biggthump

·
Registered
92 Posts
YellaDakRT said:
Best I can tell a basic "wet" shot setup runs around $600 or so. I think you can go less depending. I want a wet shot, cause I don't trust the truck to compinsate for the added "air" (Run lean = dead motor). Thing that sucks about N20, is a small pill and a big pill all cost the same. Most setups come with like 50-75-100 shots and then you can buy 125-150-200and up pills. "pill" meaning the nozzle that allows X amount of N20 by. I think to get much above like 250 you need to run either 2 nozzles, or a dual stange setup. I don't think I'll ever run more than 200. Haha :biggthump
NX just released a Plate. goto summit and do a search for part # NEX-DodgeMagnum it costs around 180.00 BUT NX is gonna sell it for 150 or less but its not listed on there website you will have to call them for it

·
Chest Thumper
770 Posts
dont settle for any kit other then nx, id do a compression check on the motor and if there close, jet the 100 and if ur good for it jet the 150! just do it on a dyno first watching the a/f. i miss my nitrous the most out of the power adders i have had. u dont have to mount it below the tb and with out a m1 i would suggest going against that. nx has us putting the nozzel 6 inches away from the tb. many people do this and have great results :mullet:

·
Registered
129 Posts
I would only go in upwards of a 100 shot. You don't need to pull timing up to that. If you go any higher you need to start pulling timing. I think for a 150 shot they were saying on pulling 4 degrees of timing out. I ran a 100 shot on my rt and i blew the engine up. I encinerated one piston, cracked another, cracked the block, bent two pushrods, and bent 2 valves. Its awsome stuff and a thrill but if used wrong then the consiquenses are big bucks. I"m havin a 408 built now for it and my mods are in my sig as you can see. Just make sure you install it right and check and recheck and triple check all the fuel solenoids and make sure everything is working properly. I think what happened with mine was my fuel solenoid was acting up and i went extremely lean with the nitrous goin and it just went BOOM. NX is by far the best way to go but check out some sites. Delphi RT Forum has good information on what pills to use with the NX kit. NX if i can remember right either is running a ittle rich with the fuel pill on a 100 shot. I would start out small like a 75 shot and work your way up. But i wouldn't go over a 100 for right now till you get some good components in there. You'll also need a good ignition system to burn that mixture well.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.