Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone build one with pics. im gonna fiberglass a center console for my b&m and wanted some ideas. thanks

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
man you are hilarious. you dont think i already did that. i didnt find anything i was looking for so i asked, but thanks for taking the time out to be a dick. thats why the this forums going to shit thread started. because of people like you. i barely ask questions on here anymore because its more of a who can be the funny guy contest then a place where people help each other out

·
Dakota for Life!
2,489 Posts
but thanks for taking the time out to be a dick.
From one dick to another, you're welcome.

i barely ask questions on here anymore because its more of a who can be the funny guy contest then a place where people help each other out
I did offer help, I suggested you do a seach. I did a search on "center consoles" and got 257 returns. Many with varying opionions, suggestions and pics. Even Weezy helped out. I saw your post on the dakotart board too. You couldnt have done a search over there because your post was directly after a popular "center console" thread. Soooooo.... who's the dick now?

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i did a search on both sites. none of the threads i found had anything like what i was looking for. im looking for something more like darrens center console was. that being my reason for posting a new thread to people who may have not posted pics. not here to have a pissing match. just help dont hate

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
heres a few pics of the concept im going for. my buddy went to mobile dynamics car audio school in pheonix so he is gonna help me do the fiberglassing on it. the card board templets i have are gonna be replaced with either 1/4'' or 1/2'' mdf. i just used them to get the shape that im gonna trace onto the mdf. i used the factory console. i cut the cup holder piece right behind the 2 front cup holders . tell me what you think of this idea

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
took the cardboard templets and traced them on 1/2'' mdf. im gonna redo the top piece in 1/4'' mdf because when i spread some body filler over it for a paintable surface it might raise the isert around the shifter higher than the shifter trim ring . im ready for fiberglassing now just gotta wait for my buddy to get a chance to help me. he said h could help me sunday so hopefully ill have some pics for ya monday

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
heres some pics of the first molding. just getting everything bonded together before i wrap it in fleece

·
Pre-Teen Giggle Brigade
6,840 Posts
wayyyyy too bulky IMO.

i think you should have made it more fluent? i think thats w=the word im lookin for....but not squared off, more rounded...

might still look good tho. i will be watching to see how it comes out.

:waiting:

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
how comfortable are u with reachin the handle sittin in ur seat normal?
its actually just about perfect. when my elbow hits the console my arm naturally falls on the handle. i spent lots of time thinking about this before i went for it. i dont think its too bulky. i really couldnt have done much else with what i had. its gonna all flow together better once i wrap it in fleece and soak it with resin again. then i can add body filler where needed to try and make sure everything flows together. my first time with fiberglass so its a learning experience for me

·
Pre-Teen Giggle Brigade
6,840 Posts
its actually just about perfect. when my elbow hits the console my arm naturally falls on the handle. i spent lots of time thinking about this before i went for it. i dont think its too bulky. i really couldnt have done much else with what i had. its gonna all flow together better once i wrap it in fleece and soak it with resin again. then i can add body filler where needed to try and make sure everything flows together. my first time with fiberglass so its a learning experience for me

as i said, i hope it turns out good and i wait to see finished product :waiting:

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
heres a few more updated pics

waiting for some resin on the bottom to dry. my next task is to work on the back cup holder. o wanna bring it up a few inches because right now it sits far down in the console. ill work on that this weekend and it should be ready for paint early next week. anyone know what grit i should use to get it down to a paintable surface? also could i paint this with a rattle can and have it look good or should i take it to a body shop?

1 - 20 of 50 Posts