21 - 40 of 58 Posts

· 10 Second Club
2,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·

· 10 Second Club
2,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
looking good. I want some bass but not the weight lol
Overall I am dropping weight, once I take into account the wieght of the seat belts, Thunderform, Seats and all the little nuts and bolts back there. Just the seat belts and bolts weigh about 10-15 lbs. Thunderform maybe 40 or so. I think this box after adding the sub and amp will weigh about 40 lbs.

· 2005 IASCA WORLD CHAMPION
647 Posts
since RF's old school amps are underrated this will make your sub slam.

· 10 Second Club
2,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
since RF's old school amps are underrated this will make your sub slam.
Thanks, I was thinking of putting in my W3 I have sitting under my bed in Texas. Brother is shipping it tomorrow.

· 10 Second Club
2,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 · (Edited)
Continued

I did the fiberglass bottom today. Good thing is was a warm day and I could leave the garage open to vent the smell out. This stuff stinks.

I put down some foil to prevent it from sticking to the body. Tape is a guide where the box fits, kind of. That way I dont go all crazy with it.

Cut out some fiberglass mat to put on the bottom of the box and resin in.

Then I put down the resin and mat. Did one layer before I even put the box down so that it could fill any holes that the box might of left around the body lines.

And after about 6 players of mat and resin. Also did some silicone sealant on the corners to seal the box.

Once it is all dry, (tomorrow) I will put the top on and seal the top. Then I can put the sub in permanently. I also have to wait for the line out converter to show up to finish the wiring.

· Registered
2,524 Posts
looks pretty good. I would have cut the fiberglass mat alittle bigger so it overlapped the edges on the bottom and came up alittle more on the side.

· 10 Second Club
2,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
looks pretty good. I would have cut the fiberglass mat alittle bigger so it overlapped the edges on the bottom and came up alittle more on the side.
Yea. I probably should of done that. Its ok though it will work.

· 10 Second Club
2,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·

· Banned
12,273 Posts
Looking good, I will soon be making my own box too. Differently of course.

· 10 Second Club
2,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 · (Edited)
Well everything dried up and the wife went shopping, so I had time to go and finish this thing. Can't fire it up because I don't have the Lineout converter yet. Probably Tuesday. All the wires are run and hooked up except the remote, and the line out speaker wires. I am also waiting on my adapters for my rear speakers. Can't get the roll bar right now cause I blew a shit ton a money on the service for my Jetta so it will sit like this until I either sell some shit sitting around in the garage or I sell the motorcycle. For those that think its really heavy its not. With everything it weighs 40 lbs. The Thunderform was 38 lbs, add in the seatbelts and restraint tabs and its 43 lbs, add in the rear seat bottoms and its about 46 lbs total. So overall I am going to about breakeven and I have room to put the bar in.

· 10 Second Club
2,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Yea there is going to be leather wrapped panels that go on the front and top of the box. However I have to get the roll bar in there first so I can work around it.

· Banned
4,469 Posts
Can't wait to see it done!

· 10 Second Club
2,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
looks good. a tad more screws than i'd like to see :p haha but looks good. plan on covering it with anything? or the front part at least? don't know if you said or not already
Yea I went a little overboard with the screws on the lid. Hey at least I know its sealed, haha.

21 - 40 of 58 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.