Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Back in black
2,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
well i have an 02 Dakota RT club cab...im considering getting the spintech true dual setup but would like a little information from any1 who has this on their truck or knows about the setup before i make my decision...
1st does it have a nice aggresive tone..and how does it sound inside the cab?
i also have heard that it actually hurts performance unless you have a supercharger or somthing like that, and then i heard that i would see nice gains no matter what...which is true? and my friend said the whole setup of the kit is just junk and the x pipe would hurt my performance and all this, how would you compare this kit to a flowmaster 40series catback? and last thing i was lookin at the gsm site and when u order the kit it asks what type of headers u have and i have stock now but later on plan on changing em, will this be a problem? ....i just dont know, any help would be appreciated, thanks

·
1,664 Posts
I put GSM's tru-duels (side exit) on my R/T about 5 months ago and love it. It's definently an aggressive sounding exhaust, especially when you get on it. I get a ton of compliments on how good my truck sounds. Cab noise isn't to bad...it's a lot more noticable than stock anyways. As for the headers, They'll put the correct end on that will match up to your headers. I bought GSM's R/T headers when I bought the exhaust. I think there are some performance headers you can buy that have the stock style collectors on them. As for performance...It definently made an improvement. :biggthump I can't really see how it wouldn't! Especially over a stock system. Hope this helps! :banana2:

·
Registered
99 Posts
Spintech

I have the GSM headers with the y-pipe, full 3" cat and spintech muffler and I love the sound coming out single side via custom tip. When on full trottle it kicks butt and when on freeway there is a slight interior noise but nothing you need to talk any louder over inside my club cab. Little louder than stock R/T exaust but not obnoxious by any means. I highly recommend spintech good quality and dealers in Nor Cal. I somewhat recommend GSM products good headers/y-pipe BAD service very slow and don't communicate very well at all. Just my opinion good luck....

·
Back in black
2,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hey guys thanks for all the help...another thing, i already have flowmaster 40 series on it and the place did a shitty job and i really dont like the way it looks comin out of the back, i was thinkin maybe (by another shop) just havin that taken out and havin the pipes run off the flowmaster side exit like the spintech or should i just go ahead and say f*ck it and by the whole spintech kit? not sure if this matters, but i plan on getting a paxton supercharger within the next year or so. would the flowmaster be enough or would true duals be my best bet when gettin a supercharger? thanks again

PS. i love that 01 amberfire RT...badass :mullet:

·
Registered
499 Posts
Going true duals now is a smart move if your adding the Paxton later on. With a true dual set up it will work with virtually any mods you plan on doing down the road, especially with the Big Tube headers. There's so much flow from those things!!

I along with the others have the GSM duals but with race style Spintech mufflers, and it ROCKS!! For sound concerns, go with the street version as it's slightly quieter.

Let me know if I can be of further help. :D

·
Back in black
2,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hey man thanks...im not really concerned about the sound, really the louder and meaner the better lol but the gsm site, only one kit comes up for the dakota but it doesnt specify wether its the race or street version...

·
Registered
499 Posts
02DakRT said:
hey man thanks...im not really concerned about the sound, really the louder and meaner the better lol but the gsm site, only one kit comes up for the dakota but it doesnt specify wether its the race or street version...

It's the same price for either, just specify which one you want when you order.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

·
Back in black
2,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok..i think iv decided to go with the true duals :mullet: but iv been reading through some of the threads and i see that some ppl have had problems with GSM such as getting wrong parts or a couple day or week shipping turning into months...is there somewhere else i should order my kit from or would my best bet just to get it from them? thanks

·
Registered
499 Posts
02DakRT said:
ok..i think iv decided to go with the true duals :mullet: but iv been reading through some of the threads and i see that some ppl have had problems with GSM such as getting wrong parts or a couple day or week shipping turning into months...is there somewhere else i should order my kit from or would my best bet just to get it from them? thanks

Being the N.E. Rep for them, I can vouch that the turn around time for exhaust orders is MUCH better. There were some problems initially but not now.

Hope this helps!!

·
Registered
233 Posts
Can you still get the dual side exit exhaust tips that are angled up from GSM? I will try to find a picture of what im talking about

·
Registered
499 Posts
FullboreDakota said:
Can you still get the dual side exit exhaust tips that are angled up from GSM? I will try to find a picture of what im talking about

The tips are strait out, just like on that AWESOME Amber Dak R/T. :biggthump :biggthump :mullet: :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

·
Back in black
2,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i just thought of somthin...and maybe this is why iv never seen any1 with this kit around here, can i still have my cat with this kit? im not totally sure but i think around here you have to have it to pass inspection/be legal and everything...

·
Registered
499 Posts
02DakRT said:
i just thought of somthin...and maybe this is why iv never seen any1 with this kit around here, can i still have my cat with this kit? im not totally sure but i think around here you have to have it to pass inspection/be legal and everything...

Sure can!! In fact, my kit has two high-flow mini cats with bungs for the factory 02 sensors.

·
Back in black
2,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
niiiice thanks alot dude...im goin for it, by the end of the year im gettin the spintech true duals and im gonna get the gsm headers at the same so i have the exhaust done :mullet: but all together thats a little more than $1200 is it really worth all the money? not complain cause moneys no problem when it comes to the truck, just wanna make sure its worth it...will i see some pretty nice gains?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.