Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When im in overdrive and just cruising.Doesnt matter how fast I am going my transmission will jump out of lockup for a split second and then go back in lockup.Its really getting on my nerves.I can cruise for ten miles and it will do it 5 or 6 times.I thought it was a missfire but I turned overdrive off and cruised and it didnt do it.Plus its not dropping rpm's.The cruise control is not on either.You know how you can be cruising and you snap the throttle and it jumps out of lockup and then goes back in?Thats what its doing without having to snap the throttle.Anybody have any suggestions?Thanks

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats what somebody else told me.Im gonna try that.Thanks man.I will get one tomorrow and let ya know.

B

·
0 Posts
That's normal for these transmissions. My '01 RT and my '00 DD do exactly the same thing and changing the TPS did absolutely nothing to improve it. A new TPS is a waste of money. HemiFever can remove that programing for the tranny with the SCT tune.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's normal for these transmissions. My '01 RT and my '00 DD do exactly the same thing and changing the TPS did absolutely nothing to improve it. A new TPS is a waste of money. HemiFever can remove that programing for the tranny with the SCT tune.
I have a martin saine vb with the diodein it for the no lockup in third gear feature and sean sent me a tune this morning deleting some kind of lockup crap.Im gonna try it before I buy a TPS.The thing is that before this tranny and before SCT I had this problem before but it would do it once in a blue moon

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sean put the lockup back to stock and its still jumping in and out of lockup so im assuming the TPS.I will try it and let yall know.

·
17,623 Posts
It's the TPS. Has happened on both my Dakotas, and both times a new TPS fixed it. Over time, as with any type of device like the TPS, it will get a "dead" spot where you normally have the cruise set and the signal isn't steady anymore. Go with the majority and not the exception. TPSs don't cost that much. I'd rather swap out a faulty TPS than have a custom tune made to override the lock up to bandaid the problem.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts