Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to use my cruise the other day and when I set it the light comes on in the cluster, but the cruise wont engage? I tried to search the forum but I found nothing? Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
isn't it also vacumn controlled also?

·
#19 ƃop ǝnןq ǝןʇ&#
13,196 Posts
I don't think mine is...but there is a vacuum pod under the hood...I think it's for the heater controls....I think the cruise is all electric...

could be wrong....usually am

·
Schaw Flapping Pus
2,274 Posts
It is vacumn controlled.... I changed out my brake switch. That was about 70 bucks from the stealership. It was fixed. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I had the same problem when I got mine, the cruise control light would come on but didn't engage, but here's how I fixed it. If you follow the break pedal up, it goes to a sensor. You'll know it's the sensor because it has a black plastic piece that moves in and out with the pressing of the break. The whole sensor can rotate to come out of its bracket. All i had to do was rotate it into the correct position.

·
Pre-Teen Giggle Brigade
70 Posts
i had that problem also, i worked at a dodge dealership at the time and they said that it was b/c my tires were not at the right psi so the cc wouldnt engage..dont know if thats true but it worked after they got done with it and has been working fine ever since...

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
that one sounds like a load of bs to me. most cruise is controlled by regulating vacumn pressure holding your accel cable/throttle flap in a certain position. i dont see how tire pressure could affect that any.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
well. cant beat that then. specially at the stealership.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts