Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:help: I've searched around the forums here and haven't found anyone with this similar problem. I have a 2002 Dakota QC Sport 4.7 Automatic with a cruise control malfunction. Whenever i set the cruise control, it goes to wide open throttle for about 5 seconds and the cruise control will quit working. The cruise control will only work again if you turn the ingnition off and turn the vehicle back on. At different times the cruise control will work just fine, some days it will work fine and then go to wide open throttle when you're not expecting it! I just wanted to know what yall think it could be or if anyone else has experienced this problem. Thanks! :biggthump

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'll have to do some searching on this forum, but I too have this same problem that I was able to diagnose a while back on this site.

It is kinda scary when this happens. I usually just turn the CC of and that makes it stop and the RPM's go down. The last trip I took last weekend it happened so much on the way home that I ended up turning it off completely for the last part of the trip so the ones sleeping in the car didn't wake up!

·
I bleev u have mai staplr
3,018 Posts
When I set my cruise speed I get a sudden jolt of acceleration, but only for a split second, not for a period of time. That's scary.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That is exactly what it is doing, if you find out what is causing it let me know! :biggthump Thanks
kevstang67 said:
I'll have to do some searching on this forum, but I too have this same problem that I was able to diagnose a while back on this site.

It is kinda scary when this happens. I usually just turn the CC of and that makes it stop and the RPM's go down. The last trip I took last weekend it happened so much on the way home that I ended up turning it off completely for the last part of the trip so the ones sleeping in the car didn't wake up!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.