Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what could cause my crankshaft position sensor to malfunction? I havent noticed any problems with the truck or anything, but the check engine light is on and I get P0320 as one of the codes, which is the CPS. Then again, I bought the truck used and the light was on, so maybe Ive never felt it drive good...? :p Im not even really sure what is "wrong" with it, in my Chilton book it says P0320 is "Crankshaft Position Sensor Problem". Wow, thanks for being so specific...Also, does anyone know where I could buy one of these if a new one is needed and how much they cost? I tried calling a few local auto shops (Murrys, Napa...) but they said they dont have any listing for it. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks again.

-Fox

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
welcome to the boards. From what I understand is that they can short out and stop sending signals to your PCM. I think, but don't quote me. it's a dealership item. around $60

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you know if there is anyway to repair it, or do you just have to buy a new one? And for some strange reason, my check engine light didnt come on today...but it is unusually cold (34ºF)...could that have something to do with it?

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
you can take it out and clean it. or you can just swap it out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.