Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Blown and Squirted
3,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are a great many mopar fans with Jeeps. Most share motor and transmissions with Dakota and Durango. I myself have a 98 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9 Limited and know there are pleanty people with knowledge about the 360 from this vehicle, also tons of grands were produced with the 5.2 318 and the 4.7 I think it would be interesting to have a forum where jeep people could help out the Ds because they share driveline, and the performance knowledge of the D owners could spread to the less-knowledgable jeep owners. Us 5.9 Jeepers have no where else to go being as they are fairly rare.

my 98 grand has
K&n FIPK
Ported and Polished heads
HD valve springs
mopar perf, r/t magnum cam
Freshed short block
mopar ecu
mike leach/ mopar headers (jet hot coated)
.....M1 intake waiting to be installed.....
fyi, the 5.9 limited used the 46re transmission.
.....transgo shift kit waiting to be installed....

As soon as the forum is created I can get at least 5 people to join who have jeeps and Im sure I can find many more, because I work at a jeep Dealership.

Let me know.
~chris

·
Registered
667 Posts
Dude there's a jeep board somewhere, I'll figure it out, I got a buddy who's on it. Don't know how good it is, but it can't be too bad, lots of ppl are into jeeps.

B

·
0 Posts
I also have a 98 Jeep ZJ in addition to my Durango. There are a lot of Jeep forums out there. Adding one to this site would be a great idea!

A

·
0 Posts
Why add one to this site?? there are dozens of good jeep forums out there. If you haven't already, check out www.jeepsunlimited.com. For the wranglers, there is no better source of info, anywhere, than that site. I suspect their GC forums are just as good.

·
Blown and Squirted
3,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
But, 99% of jeeps are NOT equipped with the 5.9l motor, the 98 5.9 Limted used almost exactly the same drivetrain as the Daks and Durangos, jeep sites dont have performance info on the 360... only the 4.0 4.7 and 5.2 because thats what the majority of them were produced with. There are so many sub forums as it is, I see no reason to not have this subsection, some of the existing ones can definitely be consolidated.

A

·
0 Posts
Well, for what it's worth, I bought a Durango 5.9 *because* I had read about the 5.9 ZJ on the jeep boards. I know there are at least two members of jeepsunlimited with SUPERCHARGED 5.9s, so I don't really think there's a shortage of info there.. In fact, it should be working the other way around, they should be searching out the dakota/durango forums for info just like I read the dakota ones... But really, jeeps belong with jeeps. (you don't see them inviting the neon owners in, although that 4 banger is awfully similar...)

·
Registered
133 Posts
im lookng into getting a new vechile and was thinking of the 5.9 cherokee
so if there is groups out there i would like to know

Thanks

·
Clean Machine!
2,219 Posts
jeepsunilimited is pretty good, I have been a member over there for a while. If you can weed through a lot of the BS, the speedfreaks section is decent.

·
"][" {[]} {[]} ][_ 
17,338 Posts
am i mistaken here dont the 5.9 limited jeeps have the louvers on the front fenders or on the hood one of em, theres a couple around here one even in my neighborhood, never thought about it but it does say v8 i just thought they were 318s until recently

·
Super Moderator
79,419 Posts
YellowKota2k said:
Sure, a Jeep section could be added to the site. Then again, you might as well change the site name to www.dakota-durango-jeep.com and add another Jeep forum to the internet along with the other 10,000 of them...
Exactly. I am a big fan of Wranglers but when I want to do some research on them I go to a Jeep forum. We don't need one here. This is Dakota-Durango.com. IT should stay that way.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Jeepsunlimited is good. I'm a big fan of www.jeeps-offraod.com. Heck, I'm still a member despite having sold my TJ. I even go there daily. Good group of guys and gals. They'll help you with just about anything.

:beer:

·
Registered
96 Posts
I would also have to be against having a jeep forum on the dakota-durango site... We do have an offroad section though..

a good alternative is greatlakes4x4.com

·
My name is King - Vi-King
915 Posts
rtgrouchman said:
Not trying to be a smart ass here, but did anyone look at the date this thread was created on......05-11-2004 :funny: :jester:
Now who's being a threadkiller? This was such a progressive discussion and had been so for almost three years, untill you came to ruin it all :rant:

·
That's dag, yo.
642 Posts
rtgrouchman said:
Not trying to be a smart ass here, but did anyone look at the date this thread was created on......05-11-2004 :funny: :jester:
I don't even notice when the thread was created. I only saw that it had a recent post.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts