Dakota Durango Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
I drive with two feet
1,615 Posts
ScojoDak said:
The makeshift dash bezel is what I'm laughing at.
Dude, it's a template.

·
Banned
8,203 Posts
Right here:

70Cuda383 said:
just build a custom dash with custom gauges. if you're going to run a GM computer--why not use GM gauges?

I'm not running ANY computer, and will use this set up for my gauge panel--

auto meter gauges, and here's about how they will be positioned:

·
Don't be "That Guy"
7,400 Posts
YellowKota2k said:
Right here:

yea, the "about where they will be positioned" was in reference to it being a template, as well as the "custom dash" portion...

My mistake, I assumed everyone knew that when making custom, one-off pieces, you start with a "mock up" where you template something with paper/cardboard before transfering it to your true piece...like metal, plastic, wood, etc.. paper is much easier to trim up, and cheaper to start over with when you mess up. saves money in materials and time.

plus, I assumed everyone had seen my big block swap thread where I think I actually said "here is my template of the gauge layout" :sorry:

·
Registered
2 Posts
A fan grip is a thermostatic motor cooling fan that can freewheel at low temperatures when cooling isn't required, enabling the motor to heat up quicker, diminishing pointless burden on the motor. As temperatures increment, the grip connects so the fan is driven by motor power and moves air to cool the motor.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The electric cooling fan is normally mounted behind the radiator. On certain JDM vehicles with huge, wide radiators, there might be two cooling fans, or there might be a different fan for the cooling condenser.
The fan possibly runs when expected to help cool the motor. The motor coolant sensor or a different motor temperature switch is utilized to screen motor temperature. Additional cooling isn't required when a chilly motor is first begun, so the fan doesn't come on until the motor arrives at ordinary working temperature (195 to 215 degrees). The fan will at that point cycle on and off varying to keep up the coolant temperature. So the fan runs for the most part out of gear or low speed when the motor is at typical temperature.
On some late model vehicles, the cooling fan can change speed to increment or decline cooling varying. A few fans may have a low, medium and fast range while others have extra speed settings.

Alert: The fan circuits on numerous vehicles are wired so the fan can come on whenever, regardless of whether the motor is running or not. Know about this on the off chance that you are working in the motor compartment and the motor is hot. Get fingers and devices far from the fan sharp edges.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts