Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
***EDIT-Mod, please move this to appropriate forum, sorry***

Hey all.

I have a 2000 Dakota 3.9l Regular cab that desparately needs an antifreeze change. I know to drain the radiator at the bottom, driver's side corner. Use a 3/8" hose to make the draining process mess-free.

I can not find the engine block drain plugs, though. Can someone describe to me where exactly I'd find both of them? Photos would be nice. I found a bolt (don't know if it's the right one) on the driver's side, but there was none that could be seen from the psgr side of the engine. Unless I'm looking in the wrong place.

Thanks for the help

Also, while I'm at it...Is the 180 thermostat really worth doing? Was going to do that since I'll have the truck drained out. My truck is stock as of right now, but I'm gonna start doing basic mods in the new year.

Thanks again

· Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
good to know..dcon the lower radiator hose will drain the engine?

that i wasn't told by Haynes.

Thanks for the lookout.

Is Prestone flush a decent brand, I bought the Cleaner and the Flush. Need to do it this week before Xmas.

· Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the hel, guys...

What about the thermostat? When I went to PepBoys, they had a 160 and a 195 thermo. I've read a lot on this site about the 180, which i guess i'd have to order. Is a 180 worth going for in a 3.9?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.