Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· shake them babies
1,413 Posts
i had my truck serviced yesterday, they took care of all the fluids. but according to my 00-03 haynes manual there are cylinder block drains on both sides of the block.

i did the thermostat swap last may, it is easiest when there is no coolant in the upper radiator hose. very cheap, cost me only $8 for the thermo, gasket and a siphon pump from autozone. i didn't notice any benefit from the swap except that the engine ran cooler as shown on the gauge panel.

· shake them babies
1,413 Posts
yes, i asked at autozone. they just needed year and engine. from what i know the thermostats are similar for the 3.9/5.2/5.9. 3.7 and 4.7 will take the same part with slight modification.

i used http://www.dakota-truck.net/UPGRADES/TSTAT/index.html as a guide for installing mine. i only drained out the coolant in the upper hose after letting the dak sit overnight. swap took less than 2 hours. didn't need to mess with anything but the hoseclamp and the two bolts securing the thermo housing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.