Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. The tranny in my r/t just puked so I figured if it is out what a good time to put in a shift kit and a higher stall. Its stock for now but hopefully soon it will get a 2 1/2 in. true dual catless exhaust, hedders, and an m1 single plane. I want to go up in stall because this winter I will start working on my twin turbo setup. It will either be twin turbo or it will get the 10.3 to 1 krc 408 kit. What stall do you think it needs and what converter company would you reccomend? What shift kit to? O yea, and it being stock now how much do you think 2200 stall or so would effect my gas mileage? Its already horrible and I really don't want to make it much worse. Thanks. I searched for other threads about converter but none were about turbos or 408 trucks.

·
Home Owner....
2,565 Posts
biggest thing in TC selection is the heads and cam combo. talk to Wayne at APS or call up www.drwtransmission.com here in SD.

powerdemon is also a good source for TC questions.

·
G.F.Y racing president
9,424 Posts
i had a 2200 stall from protorque, in my ram, with the r/t cam, headers, ported tb, flowmaster exhaust...the list never ends. i loved it. saved my trans from searching through too many gears too on the hill. climbed them MUCH better.

cam, and rear gears and the weight of your truck plays a key part in your selection though. tire and wheel combo too.

·
Home Owner....
2,565 Posts
realdeal7369 said:
cam, and rear gears and the weight of your truck plays a key part in your selection though. tire and wheel combo too.
more often than not, its cam and heads for a TC selection, gears may or may not. most tranny builders will ask frst about cam grind and what style heads, then rear gear.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think im just going to go with a 2200 or so and later if it isn't enough I can get another one.

·
Blown and Squirted
3,407 Posts
Id do either a 24 or a 26, a 22 wont help you much.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts